cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Asus Strix X99 audio and 5.1 channels

Pedro_Sanchez
Level 7
I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this setting issue. I have an Asus Strix X99 Gaming motherboard and a Sony recevier STR-DB780
I am trying to get the 5.1 channel to work. I set it up but when playing music just the front left and right speakers sound, no center nor the back ones and no subwoofer. On the receiver I have it as MULTI IN
When I make the sound test with the asus software, front left and right, back left and right are ok, center works like subwoofer, and subwoofer silent. I will attach the setup configuration trying to follow the manual.

I would appreciate very much any comments and advice

Thank you

Pedro
5 REPLIES 5

sectionate
Level 12
Have you tried playing any media that was mixed in 5.1? To hear sounds from all speakrs you need to enable stereo simulation or play content thats mixed at 5.1
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

sectionate wrote:
Have you tried playing any media that was mixed in 5.1? To hear sounds from all speakrs you need to enable stereo simulation or play content thats mixed at 5.1

Yes I did, in fact used also the asus sound sofware to check speakers test sounds, and all sound except center and subwoofer that also seems to be wrong, tried changing the jacks, same thing. I had an EVGA X55 motherboard and a sound blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and had it working, not 100% but I would get the 5.1

kkn
Level 14
right click on the speaker down right ( windows ) and open volume mixer, press systemsounds, go to speakers, mark it and push config, mark 5.1 and go on from there.
see if that works.

switch the center and sub phono jacks, see if that can help.
do you have HDMI inputs on your surround amp?

kkn wrote:
right click on the speaker down right ( windows ) and open volume mixer, press systemsounds, go to speakers, mark it and push config,
mark 5.1 and go on from there. see if that works.

switch the center and sub phono jacks, see if that can help.
do you have HDMI inputs on your surround amp?

I already did it, sound test fine except front and sub, changed jack input, changes front to rear but center sub same issue. I only use a 3 jacks

kkn
Level 14
tried newest software? i had the previous one and that gave me loads of problem. ( look at date on the releases )