cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice

Insta48
Level 8
Hi,
I just bought the Asus Ryjuin 240. Here is my need for advice. I have the asus strix z370-e gaming MB and it has only has 2 fan headers and as my case has 3 is it okay to use the cpu-fan header as i have the Ryjuin plugged into the AIO_PUMP header. will this cause a conflict with the AIO and software controling it?
Asus strix z370-E
INTEL I7 8700k
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING 11GB
Corsair H100i v.2
corsair HX 1000 i power supply
Asus PG278Q monitor
2 REPLIES 2

XYchromosone
Level 10
I'm not familiar with the ASUS Ryjuin 240 AIO, but it should be OK to plug the pump to the AIO header and the 2 fans into the CPU and OPT CPU fan headers and have the fans controlled by the BIOS setting in the monitoring section. You can do this with pretty well all AIO water coolers, opting out using the software to control the PUMP and FANS for the BIOS instead. But as I first stated, I am not familiar with that particular AIO cooler, whether it has proprietary fan header plugs etc where you need to use a special adapter to run the fans. But if the fans are PWM or DC with 4 to 3 wires respectively with the regular 3 or 3 plug then you should be good to sun as per my suggestion straight from the motherboard CPU fan headers.

Insta48
Level 8
Thanks, I did use the cpu-fan for one of my fans and used the aio_pump for the ryjuin. all works great.
Asus strix z370-E
INTEL I7 8700k
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING 11GB
Corsair H100i v.2
corsair HX 1000 i power supply
Asus PG278Q monitor