Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need A New Case

GHOST2501
Level 7
Hi All,

I need a new case for my recent build/upgrade. Only requirements are:

- Budget = £40-£50(ish)
- Airflow case (I don't have water-cooling)
- Needs to house ATX MoBo (ASUS PBZ77-V LX2)
- Needs to house x3 HDDs (3.5inch)
- Needs to house x1 DVD-RW (5.5icnh)
- GPU is very long (MSI GTX760 Twin Forzr - 26 x 12.7 x 3.8 cm)

I really want the case to have decent top vents to help dump the heat. I like the look of the Zalman Z9, it has a good price and good reviews for a budget case, however im not sure about the fact its has a meshed side. The Z11 has reviews that say it has bad build quality and the Z3. Are there any other good competitors out there i should keep an eye on?

I'd also love to have a windowed case, but its not vital.

Thanks in advance.

||| PSU OCZ ZS Series 650w ||| Mobo ASUS PBZ77-V LX2 ||| CPU Intel Core i5 2400 ||| RAM 8GB (2x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance ||| GPU MSI GTX760 TF OC 2GB. ||| OS Win7 Pro. Wanting to look playing with Linux. |||

5 REPLIES 5

kkn
Level 14
take a look at the corsair 750D ( dont know the price but its up there )

Nos_Defions
Level 7
I would recommend taking a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. I just re-watched a YouTube Review by Bill Owen from MNPCTECH.com last night.

I believe the windowed version is less than $100.00 USD, and the non-window version is approx. $10.00 less. (Not sure about prices in the UK).

Whatever case(s) you are interested in, I would strongly recommend trying to see them in person, or at least watch a good, critical review so you will learn the pro & con aspects up front. No case will be perfect, and they all have some things that will not meet your total satisfaction. Research will help minimize the build headache, and wasted expenditure of hard-earned money.
System Info: Maximus VI Extreme; Intel i7-4770k; G.Skill Trident-X, 2400 x 32 GB; PNY Optima, 240 GB x 3; WD Black, 4 TB x 2; EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified ACX; Cooler Master HAF-X; Cooler Master Nepton 280L; Corsair AF 120 & 140mm Fans, Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 & 230mm Fans; XFX Pro 1000W, Platinum PSU; Windows 8.1 Pro; Logitech G19s, G602 & C920; Accessories: ASUS- ROG Front Base, ThunderboltEX II, & NFC Express; NZXT- HUE RGB LED Controller, IU01 USB Expander, & Grid Fan Hub.

Antronman
Level 10
Antec 900 or one of the CM HAF cases.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Footman
Level 7
NZXT Switch 810 should be close to your budget...

wmunn
Level 7
I just did a build with the corsair 300R, which turned out great. Nice case, plenty of fan locations, lots of vent holes, couldn't ask for more. It isn't the best if you intend doing large radiator water cooling, but for air its awesome. I crammed the big phanteks cooler into mine with zero problems
MOBO - Crosshair V Formula
CPU - AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7GHz
COOLER - Phanteks ph-tc14pe
RAM - 16GB Kingston Hyper X Beast @ 2133MHz
GPU - EVGA GTX 750 Ti
HDD - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
PSU - Corsair RM650
CASE - Corsair 300R
OS - Windows 8.1 Pro w/ Media Center 64bit