cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious 1F error code on my QLED?

Gh0stw0lf
Level 7
Tried installing my new x52 kraken cooler in my Asus Crosshair 6 with my 1700 Ryzen but I had no luck. I would get an error code 0d or 1F that would alternate. Now the consistent error I get is 1F and I see that no where on the internet. Any help? I have sickening feeling my system is fried.
3 REPLIES 3

Jldowning
Level 7
1F - OEM pre-memory initialization codes

Check the ram?

Checked RAM sand switched slots and now we're at a 0d Qled code so I'm not sure if that's progress. I'm on the latest bios 9945? And I had my RAM to 3200 working fine. But I can't even get into BIOS now.

This happened to me when I set all RAM timings (tRAS, tCAS, tRC, tRRDL, tFAW, etc) to AUTO. I thought that if I set it to AUTO then the system will use optimal settings. But instead my PC failed to boot. I couldn't even get to see the BIOS, I saw a blank screen and nothing else. Except the 1F error on the QLED. I thought that I killed my motherboard or RAM. But I was able to resolve the issue, by simply updating the BIOS to the most recent version.

Follow this guide to update the bios even if you cannot see anything on your screen: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568

1. Download the most recent bios for your MB and copy it on a USB drive.
2. Then put the USB drive into the FlashBack USB port and TURN OFF your PC completely. (Unfortunately not all motherboards have FlashBack support, check your manual to see if your MB supports FlashBack.)
3. Make sure your PC is turned OFF then press the BIOS FlashBack button on the back of the MB (it's close to the FlashBack USB port) for three seconds until the FlashBack LED blinks three times.
4. Wait until the light goes out, indicating that the BIOS updating process is completed. This could take 10 minutes so be patient, do NOT remove the USB drive or power off while it's in progress!!!!
5. Enjoy, your motherboard should be working again.