cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My system is finally dying! (Yes!! :P)

PlaneName
Level 10
Hey everyone! If you enjoy reading, especially enjoy reading people problems with their system, you will enjoy reading this one. I know many of us "experts" really like fixing PC but you will know when the system is failing that you possibly can't fix anymore only too RMA it. (That I don't do, because you can make the system alive your self!, if you enjoy researching and problem solving! also the people who work's there won't fix it only replace the hardware's).

I wasn't active on the forums the last 4 days, because this system has almost failed on me. I'm still using it but it's dying as we speak. I just wan't to open this thread up for the hell of it, that who ever experienced with a dying system that you know, you can't do anything with it only watch it too die! :P.

I know I'm a bit carried away :P, but this system was annoying from the beginning especially with the "EVGA" motherboard. How I know is dying? I've been getting allot of different BSOD errors, and it all comes down to the RAM slots, PCI-E slots, CPU socket and HDD.

How's it still alive? I can't dual channel with the RAM (long beep), I rarely have to fiddle with the GPU to boot the system up (one long beep and 2 short beeps) and I can't put more than 4GB of RAM (single channel), then the HDD failed to identify itself (yes that's weird, I have to use the windows start-up repair disc to identify it'self). Something in the registry files on the HDD is wrong with the memory settings (even an format did not help, so to stop the two issues was using single channels). It's not the PSU, I changed to a different one and still having same issues, it all comes down to the motherboard.

The only thing I learned out of that week was updating the BIOS motherboard :D, that was the scariest thing to do, but I did it when I was so desperate to make this system to be more stabilized, it only helped a little. Now, I am still running in dual-channel but if I boot the system again, I will get those beeps which forced me to do a single-channel or one single RAM. Sometimes on idle or going through the net a BSOD will appear which also forced me to go with single channel. Basically the RAM slots was the main issue, then it will be the GPU then so on...

I was very worried that one of my hardware's is malfunctioning but I have a back up system to test the hardware's and they all worked fine, which lead to the motherboard that is 1-3 years old has finally warned out. Yes I'm excited to see it go it is the worst experience of my life to have that motherboard, and can't wait to go back to business.

Happy News is!, I will be defiantly getting a new system this Christmas holidays and these are my list:
I just wan't to know your thought's about it?

- i7 3770k
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
- G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2133MHz RAM
- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
- GTX 560ti
- (Need, help to choose a CPU Cooler, I don't wan't a water cooling system, just a decent CPU heat sink).

This is the link that hopefully ROG can still offer in Christmas holidays or something even better:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Intel-Quad-Core-i7-3770K-CPU-ASUS-Maximus-IV-Extreme-Z-DDR3-2133-RAM-Gami...

Now as we all know, that the newer GPU's now need less power to run!, especially the 660ti only need 300 Watts!. If I have more money this Christmas holidays that is my next GPU upgrade. I thank ASUS especially the ROG community, that I know more about the new hardware's! which I enjoy reading and viewing your videos! I thank you guys especially the moderators we have here!.

So far, I know now not to buy from EVGA again for motherboards never, I'm sticking to ASUS from on now!. If anyone want's to know which hardware's and which brands from each to buy here is my experience from 4-6 years:

Video cards:
GIGABYTE (Didn't try ASUS yet).

Motherboard:
ASUS

RAM:
Corsair (Trying G'skill in the future).

PSU:
Corsair

Thank's guys for reading! especially the ROG community!, I also enjoy helping the community out!

If anyone had similar problems like this, go ahead and talk about your system you know something is defiantly wrong with one of the hardware's, how did you resolve it? and how much hassle did you go through with it? You have a mixed brand favorites for each hardware?

I also wanted to say, if you experience problems with PC's it doesn't hurt to do some research and problem solving, and learning the basic's and getting down to the advance stage, you will surely become a PC expert and fix your PC's by your self (might get hired or run your own business) and start helping others with similar problems that you expreince with, nothing wrong with sharing experience with other people!.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉
32 REPLIES 32

Antronman
Level 10
Viz hasn't been here forever.

Arne pops in occasionally.

We've lost so many good men since 2014 dawned.

C

Viz

kkn (He's recently started posting again)

Dr Z

Zygo

Power

WHITEPAW T_T
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Ah yeah those people did made me active on the forums and trying to resolve other people issues. Here is my latest update:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60126-BCLK-(Bus-Clock)-Spikes-from-100-3-(default)-to-102m...

It's good news though I knew it was the motherboard that finally had failed on me like the last one did... I cant seem to stay active on the forums it's just so many things to do in life that you cannot relax for a moment especially for university.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00

PlaneName
Level 10
Ah yeah those people did made me active on the forums and trying to resolve other people issues. Here is my latest update:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60126-BCLK-(Bus-Clock)-Spikes-from-100-3-(default)-to-102m...

It's good news though I knew it was the motherboard that finally had failed on me.