cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard thermistor possible faulty?

Arkader
Level 9
Hello
If someone know if this is normal, temp 5 is not showing any temp.
As i work with iPhones i know what are this thermistors but i was unable to detect them on my Asus motherboard, they are possible having other package or placed in special locations on motherboard, a schematic would be useful.
I have observed this long time ago after i first installed the motherboard, was thinking maybe i have touch with screwdriver during assembling into case, not sure cause investigation under microscope did not reveal any damaged part, have observed only nostuff components from factory.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Life is a game in which you are the main protagonist.
20 REPLIES 20

xeromist wrote:
I vaguely remember there being a Q-fan setting in the BIOS related to AIOs and pump headers. Basically only one setting works at a time. Might be related to that but sorry I can't seem to find a reference.

What you mean exactly only one setting?

xeromist wrote:
Or, it just needs to be changed to PWM mode. Could be that.

The AIO header was set to Auto in Bios, I put PWM because the Fan which cools the CPU block is PWM same as Pump, the Pump is connected to CPU header.

The PCH fan is connected to HAMP fan which is above AIO Pump connector, so this PCH fan is 3 wires meaning it's DC, not sure if it has some influence on this situation.

Basically there is no data after fan tuning, but the graph can be adjusted per connected fan or pump to it.
Thank you for your time!

I will look in my old photos maybe find a picture of when there was data, but i not recall if there was any data when fan tuning.

p.s. how to make picture to display with thumb in forum?

xeromist
Your board might be different. Mine has both a w_pump header *and* aio_pump header. So there was an option related to pumps and only one can be used at a time. Something like that.

The other thing that is confusing me is that you mentioned fans but your screenshot was of the pump header. If possible, I would start by connecting pumps to pump headers and fans to fan headers.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arkader
Level 9
I have did that before, today I remove PCH fan from H_AMP_Fan header and connect to 3rd Ext_Fan header, then connect CPU Fan to CPU_Fan header and connect Pump to AIO_PUMP header, but still AIO header does not display any info after fan tuning.
Maybe AIO_PUMP header is damaged and it does not show any data.
P.s. the screenshot i provided earlier are of AIO_PUMP with CPU Fan connected after Fan Tuning, now switched with places same thing, no data, even H_AMP_Fan is empty now.

xeromist
Hrmm, I find it odd that it was working until you ran the fan tuning (unless I misunderstood?). I still think there may be some setting gone wrong in the BIOS, but unfortunately I don't have your motherboard so I can't provide specific guidance. How much poking around you want to do is proportional to your level of frustration with not getting data. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arkader
Level 9
No, I m not sure it was showing any data before after I assembled the PC, have looked in my screenshots one year ago was the same, no data after tuning for AIO_FAN header no matter what I connect there.
Anyway I can live with it, most important is I can control the Pump as I need.
One question if you can answer, what is the purpose of H_AMP_FAN and CPU_OPT headers, what is recommended to connect there?

xeromist
Typically H AMP is for something power hungry. Possibly some big crazy fast fan, but most likely if you wanted to connect a bunch of fans with splitters.

OPT is for if you need an additional header for CPU fans. Maybe you have two fans and you want to control them independently rather than using a splitter.

Arkader
Level 9
I try to add in the past to OPT header but i did not find how to control it in BIOS or AI Suite, then I have read on the internet that it is controlled at the same time with CPU header, so this is 2 in 1 but i m not sure if that was true, that is why I decided to not connect anything there.

Arkader wrote:
I try to add in the past to OPT header but i did not find how to control it in BIOS or AI Suite, then I have read on the internet that it is controlled at the same time with CPU header, so this is 2 in 1 but i m not sure if that was true, that is why I decided to not connect anything there.

OK, I guess they assume identical fans so separate control is not necessary. Thanks for the info.

xeromist wrote:
OK, I guess they assume identical fans so separate control is not necessary. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for all the help and time given to my case!

Arkader
Level 9
The issue with no data of AIO_pump after tuning was related to OS, probably some misconfiguration, maybe a reinstall of AI Suite would have fixed it also.
Here how it detected my pump data, so if you people will face similar issue, just know it's not the header damaged but file misconfiguration.