cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor for gtx 770?

rammie
Level 7
Guys,

I don't know much about monitors, any help? I've understood that the ips monitors looks way better than TN ones, my requirement is for better image quality then super fast response or 3d, any recommendations for a monitor with excellent picture quality with good response times?

also, is there a middle ground with monitors? like good response time, better image quality than TN?

Thanks,
Ram
15 REPLIES 15

Masterbobo wrote:
Ever considered one huge monitor? like a 40 or 50 inch? look into it I could never use a small 20 inch or 30 inch ish monitor lol and I call it small-ish cause once you use one massive gorgeous monitor you can never go back to anything smaller. I game/photo/video on a 55" its probably my favorite piece of my entire system im not kidding lol.

Well, i have a TV which is 3D smart TV Full HD LED 55", i also love this TV to watch movies, so high quality, but i am not sure about Pc and games, it is also incredible for PS3 games so far, but i always heard that PC monitors are superior to TV even TV is larger sizes, still the TV resolution is up to 1920x1080, unless they will sell 4k TVs that may change the game then.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arabicuser wrote:
Well, i have a TV which is 3D smart TV Full HD LED 55", i also love this TV to watch movies, so high quality, but i am not sure about Pc and games, it is also incredible for PS3 games so far, but i always heard that PC monitors are superior to TV even TV is larger sizes, still the TV resolution is up to 1920x1080, unless they will sell 4k TVs that may change the game then.

Why are you not sure about Pc and games on the 3d HD 55"? I just went ahead and took the plunge and love it. It looks amazing and much more immersive because of the size your just engulfed in the screen size and quality. There was a point where I thought I should wait for 4k TVs too, but I'm not willing to wait that long, especially seeing how good everything looks and feels on this one which is awesome at 1080p imo, then when prices drop on the 4k Tv's ill get one then lol because not really a fan of all in between resolutions because the screen size is just too small.
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

kkn
Level 14
TV limits to 60HZ ( FPS ) so even how power full card you have your locked at 60fps max.
monitors can handle up to 144fps ( those whose have the specs for it )

kkn wrote:
TV limits to 60HZ ( FPS ) so even how power full card you have your locked at 60fps max.

We know about that, but we talk about resolution and quality, not the fps, suppose i play some games that are slow fps or don't benefit of more than 60Hz then this factor is neglected.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

kkn wrote:

Well, I think this is debatable, cause I play fast paced FPS games and racing games locked at 60fps because of vsnc and I don't notice any slowdowns or ghosting or lag of any sort. I always enable Vsnc because I think it just smoothens it out, when I disable vsnc the FPS soars into the hundreds but I still like it locked at 60fps with the vsnc on. Im sure a 144 monitor would be even better.
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

HiVizMan
Level 40
The IPS monitors are not that slow for a quality gaming experience. If watching movies is more important then go IPS.

I have gone for the ASUS 27'' 144MHz monitors because of the picture quality in game.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.