cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor for gtx 770?

rammie
Level 7
Guys,

I don't know much about monitors, any help? I've understood that the ips monitors looks way better than TN ones, my requirement is for better image quality then super fast response or 3d, any recommendations for a monitor with excellent picture quality with good response times?

also, is there a middle ground with monitors? like good response time, better image quality than TN?

Thanks,
Ram
15 REPLIES 15

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Check out the Asus VG248QE, 1ms response rate, 144Hz with 3D... also check reviews about other monitors such as Benq and Dell they tend to have good specs too.

I would suggest a resolution of 1920 x 1080 so that in the future you'll still be playing the latest games with high settings unless you would rather opt for a 2560 x 1440 resolution and get a second card to keep on playing everything maxed out. (In a year or so)

Hope this been of help 🙂
Cheers
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

I agree with above post, actually i heard that IPS monitors are better colors gamut, so they are mostly used for graphic and photos works but can be used for games, TN ones are better for games maybe because of higher frequency and faster response time for most of them even same with IPS could be find for response time, but i think the main factor here is for frequency i think, games more benefit from higher frequency for frame rates if you have a powerful enough VGA card.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes pure gaming you want TN but for colour gamut and photo work etc IPS is better.....I like both so got a U2711 and colours are great and though it's not got a gamer monitor response time I game on it and haven't noticed any problems....8ms response time...

Check out the Dell U2410 if you can still get hold of one...the 770 would drive that resolution (A bit higher than HD...1920x1200) perfectly and it has great colours and 6ms response time...

rammie
Level 7
its becoming really difficult to pick a monitor guys, I like the idea of IPS over TN, I play more RTS, racing games more than FPS... which makes IPS better I suppose... but then with sthing the Pa238Q or dell 2412 is motion blur esp with racing?

I keep hearing about light bleeding probs with IPS, is it very much evident with IPS??? the more I read, my poor head is getting stuck in limbo

Arabicuser
Level 7
There are monitors from Asus And Benq meant or designed for gaming, i can't remember the model of Benq now but the one from Asus is: "Asus VG248QE", i heard it is a standard for gaming now.

In all cases, if you really care about games a lot then skip IPS now and go for gaming monitor, later when you have another budget buy another monitor but IPS that time, so you can have both world, we can't guarantee you that if you get IPS then you may love it or have no issue with games.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm...racing games...I can imagine that would be a good candidate for as fast a refresh rate as possible...but at the end of the day perception is nine tenths of the law.....anywhere near you where you can get to have a look at different monitors....even if the monitors aren't the ones you want look for similar refresh rate and see if it bugs you or not...

rammie
Level 7
If only I could Arne, no stores here do that, they just sell, I visited a dell store, all they had were laptops and all in one displays, I'll have to order a monitor in, anyway I've ended up buying the benq xl2420t, didn't have many options as the asus one's here are limited and are nearly 200$ over the ones in US and europe.

if only I lived in the US, I would have saved a 1000$ easy with my build.

rammie wrote:
I've ended up buying the benq xl2420t

That looks like a great gaming monitor...let us know what you reckon when it gets there...:)

Masterbobo
Level 7
Ever considered one huge monitor? like a 40 or 50 inch? look into it I could never use a small 20 inch or 30 inch ish monitor lol and I call it small-ish cause once you use one massive gorgeous monitor you can never go back to anything smaller. I game/photo/video on a 55" its probably my favorite piece of my entire system im not kidding lol.
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners