Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory module advice - HX436C17PB3AK2/32

mario_roberto
Level 7
Hi all,
Please someone could advice me?
I am thinking to by an Asus Rog Strix Z490-E gaming mobo and a I9-10900K CPU but I am having doubts about the memory module that I want to buy. I would like to buy a HyperX Predator HX436C17PB3AK2/32 (a Kit 2 x 16 GB – 3600 GHz) but this memory doesn't make part of Qualified Vendor List for this mobo.
Otherwise this memory module makes part of QVL for a similar mobo Asus Rog Strix Z490-F gaming. This mobo has the same chipset Z490 and the same memory specifications.
So, my question is will I have any issue if buy this memory module?
In advance many thanks
Mário
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Not all kits are tested with every board so if it's missing from the list that's neither a good or bad thing. Some QVL's list kits as incompatible or limited in some way so obviously avoid anything like that.

In general I would recommend buying from a store with a reasonable return policy and just trying it. My last memory upgrade didn't go as planned but I was able to return the kit and get a different one.

Short answer: You should have no problem getting the system to boot. Whether you will be able to run at the advertised speed and timings with XMP is what you'll have to find out.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Not all kits are tested with every board so if it's missing from the list that's neither a good or bad thing. Some QVL's list kits as incompatible or limited in some way so obviously avoid anything like that.

In general I would recommend buying from a store with a reasonable return policy and just trying it. My last memory upgrade didn't go as planned but I was able to return the kit and get a different one.

Short answer: You should have no problem getting the system to boot. Whether you will be able to run at the advertised speed and timings with XMP is what you'll have to find out.

Dear Xeromist
Thank you for sharing. In fact, my doubt is when OC the memory (XMP profile). Maybe someone could share his experience with this module reference when OC it with XMP profile 1 or 2, 3600GHz and 3000GZ, respectively
Best regards

Braegnok
Level 14
mario.roberto wrote:
Hi all,
Please someone could advice me?
I am thinking to by an Asus Rog Strix Z490-E gaming mobo and a I9-10900K CPU but I am having doubts about the memory module that I want to buy. I would like to buy a HyperX Predator HX436C17PB3AK2/32 (a Kit 2 x 16 GB – 3600 GHz) but this memory doesn't make part of Qualified Vendor List for this mobo.
Otherwise this memory module makes part of QVL for a similar mobo Asus Rog Strix Z490-F gaming. This mobo has the same chipset Z490 and the same memory specifications.
So, my question is will I have any issue if buy this memory module?
In advance many thanks
Mário

Perhaps you have misread your Motherboards QVL,.. sir as the HX436C17PB3AK2/32 Part No. is indeed listed as compatible.

Please see page 6 under Memory Support. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL_Memory/

Good luck, enjoy your new build.

Braegnok wrote:
Perhaps you have misread your Motherboards QVL,.. sir as the HX436C17PB3AK2/32 Part No. is indeed listed as compatible.

Please see page 6 under Memory Support. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z490-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL_Memory/

Good luck, enjoy your new build.

Ups…

Dear Braegnok,

in fact, is there. I assume they have updated the QVL.
Anyway, thank you very much

Mário