cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme Z390 (audio issue)

GOLiathus
Level 7
been having this strange problem where when i use the SS3 virtual mixer, after enabling the microphone it makes my system unstable (IPDT fails prime/math)
just wondering if i can find someone with the same mobo and if the problem is reproducible on another system?
have already sent the mobo in for rma once and now they want me to send it in again and ide rather avoid that if theres no real hardware issue
7 REPLIES 7

GOLiathus
Level 7

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try with up-to-date audio drivers (if you haven't already).

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

GOLiathus
Level 7
thanks for the quick reply, have done all the steps and looks like i got a newer driver version 9137, where as the latest driver on the support page for the mobo is 8960, only other thing is this software didnt come with the vad driver for the virtual mixer?

GOLiathus wrote:
thanks for the quick reply, have done all the steps and looks like i got a newer driver version 9137, where as the latest driver on the support page for the mobo is 8960, only other thing is this software didnt come with the vad driver for the virtual mixer?

It is optional with the SS3 motherboards drivers packages (built-in with SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboards drivers packages).

Here is the optional SSVM installer (to be used only once) :

Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer (Optional) : Link

Install Process : Launch "Install.cmd" by right-click Run as admin > Automatic restart when install is done

/!\ Note /!\ : If you want to uninstall it someday, you will have to follow your CLEANUP & INSTALL processes

GOLiathus
Level 7
oh i almost spoke too soon, but yea i still get the same problem, maybe i do have to rma the mobo?
the screenshot, i didnt realize the virtual mixer was disabled, and thats why it passed

GOLiathus wrote:
oh i almost spoke too soon, but yea i still get the same problem, maybe i do have to rma the mobo?
the screenshot, i didnt realize the virtual mixer was disabled, and thats why it passed

Since you don't have the issue with SSVM disabled/uninstalled, this is related to SSVM, RMA the board will not change anything.

If ASUS Support manages to reproduce your issue with SSVM, it's up to them to find a solution with A-Volute (creator of Sonic Studio suite).

MoKiChU
Level 40
GOLiathus wrote:

Since you don't have the issue with SSVM disabled/uninstalled, this is related to SSVM, RMA the board will not change anything.

If ASUS Support manages to reproduce your issue with SSVM, it's up to them to find a solution with A-Volute (creator of Sonic Studio suite), but technically your motherboard is EoL (hence the fact that your drivers are no longer updated in your support page), I don't think it does anything.

However, since SSVM is still built-in with the latest ROG motherboards, someone with an ROG Z490/Z590 motherboard would need to be able to reproduce the issue and open a ticket at ASUS Support.