cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Code Z390 will not fit my ATX case

Paul_Anderegg
Level 8
Trying to assemble my new system, and I cannot get the M/B to align on my Silverstone RL06 case. The shield is preventing the M/B from aligning over the risers since it doesn't stick out the cutout. How do I remove the Code's shield so it cat fit the cutout? This is really frustrating me, cannot see how to resolve this. 😞

Paul
8 REPLIES 8

Vlada011
Level 10
Maybe you don't do something right.
Should fit, be careful, I always when need to aligne motherboard pay attention to avoid scratching back side on spacers.
Did you get small metal part. You should install him first, but on pictures looks like he is pre-installed. That small part need to click and and stay, but if they install him on motherboard...

Easy.
I try to find video clip of Code XI.

Paul_Anderegg
Level 8
I was able to force the board against the opening, and although I ended up chewing the threads of the screws against the i/o side of the M/B holes, I got it locked down. Seems Asus went for a "don't allow any gap ever under any circumstances" rather than leaving even a fraction of a millimeter of space to align holes. I never could figure out how to remove the shield...I think I would have to remove armor and who knows what else. I had to remove my MB again because the dumb RL06 case rear cutout for the CPU was not large enough to mount the cooler backing screws...grrr. 🙂

Paul

Haywood74
Level 7
I am having similar issues with a XI Hero fitting into a Corsair Obsidian RGB case. When I drop it on the alignment peg, the bottom 6 holes line up perfect. Top 3 holes are off 1-2 mm toward the front of the case...I can't figure it out....

Haywood74 wrote:
I am having similar issues with a XI Hero fitting into a Corsair Obsidian RGB case. When I drop it on the alignment peg, the bottom 6 holes line up perfect. Top 3 holes are off 1-2 mm toward the front of the case...I can't figure it out....

Did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the same issue fitting the XI Hero into my H440 case. The IO shield is preventing the top 3 holes from aligning
CPU - i7-6700k 4.7GHz
MOBO -Asus Maximus VIII Hero
RAM - 32GB G.Skill TRIDENTZ RGB DDR4//3600 MHz
GPU - EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI
SSD - Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe 1TB //Boot
SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 2TB
HDD - WD BLACK 3TB 7200RPM// Media//Gaming
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
CASE - NZXT RAZER H440
CPUCOOLER - Kraken X62

willburstyle06 wrote:
Did you ever figure out a solution? I am having the same issue fitting the XI Hero into my H440 case. The IO shield is preventing the top 3 holes from aligning[/QUOTE

I have the same problem but with the 390 series Maximus XI board, see my post @ https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106464-ASUS-ROG-z390-Maximus-XI-Hero-(Wifi)-Does-NOT-fit-i...

I took it to a local computer shop, they tried 5 different ATX cases from InWin, none will fit the z390 board.

I was advised to return it and buy an MSI instead, the computer shop called it a cheap and poorly manufactured board...

The only case I was able to successfully install it is in the cheap ass ThermalTake Versa H24 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OFR33OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). However, that case has limited space for a 164mm cooler and barely can house a single 120mm watercooler

ALL ASUS Z390 BOARDS NEED TO BE MANUFACTURER RECALLED!!!!

Menthol
Level 14
You should be able to push the top of the board against the back of the case to insert the screws, yes it is a tight fit but I have been able to install these boards in Corsair, Lian Li, NZXT cases

Menthol wrote:
You should be able to push the top of the board against the back of the case to insert the screws, yes it is a tight fit but I have been able to install these boards in Corsair, Lian Li, NZXT cases

I have deinstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times now. Finding that it is a bit easier if you sort of warp (not a huge flex, just work it) the board from the far side and get the far top right screw in, then sort of mash it all down using the far edge screw to push the panel against the case, then just chew the screws through the other holes.

I was running into the same problem with Maximus XI Hero with the ThermalTake View 37 (view 31 is the same chasis)

I have the Thermaltake View 71 and I've heard the Coolermaster MasterBox 5 RGB works too and now the motherboard fits NO force needed

The IO opening has to be the following exactly or a 1/16 bigger on the longer end, my case and its probably with yours is 1/16 of an inch too small, its so slight of a difference that its hard to tell so you HAVE to measure

The measurements to fit are 6 7/16 inches (long side) 1 3/4 inches for shorter side and you will be fine, I checked the size on the 2 cases I said earlier that work

All 9 screws line up and NO FORCE needed to fit