cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus x hero and h115i help

Lospsii
Level 7
Hello people!
Im building my first pc and i dont know where to plug the aio.
Hero manual says to connect the pump to the aio header and corsair manual says to the cpu fan.
I searched online and some say to the aio header and others to the cpu fan.
Where to plug it?
Please help ,im so confused..
15 REPLIES 15

Nate152
Hi Lospsii

Connectt the pump to the AIO_ PUMP or W_PUMP header and connect the fans to the cpu and cpu_opt headers.

Ok.Thank you Nate!
I have some more questions !
-Should i set the aio header to full speed through the bios?
-Since i will use the aio header i dont need to install corsair link ,correct?
If yes,What software you recommend to control fan speed and monitor temps, except bios?

Anyone?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Lospsli - you use what ever is convenient for you.

Think why so few responses is simply that not many folks use the same AIO - I know that Corsair have their own software thing, ASUS do too. AI Suite. But since I do not use a AIO I have no experience in setting one up.

I would suggest that you could manage all the fan speeds using AISuite, which is sort of the OS access to the bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello HiVizMan.
Thank you for your help!
I appreciate it.
I did what you and Nate said ,and now i control my fans through only one software.

My system specs are:
8700k-h115i aio
1080 ti ftw3
X hero wifi
Gskill trident 3600cl16
I want to slightly overclock it.
Do you have in mind any good(legit) tutorial,?(video or thread)

Lospsii wrote:
Hello HiVizMan.
Thank you for your help!
I appreciate it.
I did what you and Nate said ,and now i control my fans through only one software.

My system specs are:
8700k-h115i aio
1080 ti ftw3
X hero wifi
Gskill trident 3600cl16
I want to slightly overclock it.
Do you have in mind any good(legit) tutorial,?(video or thread)

https://youtu.be/CoUtA7DKXhU

HiVizMan wrote:
Lospsli - you use what ever is convenient for you.

Think why so few responses is simply that not many folks use the same AIO - I know that Corsair have their own software thing, ASUS do too. AI Suite. But since I do not use a AIO I have no experience in setting one up.

I would suggest that you could manage all the fan speeds using AISuite, which is sort of the OS access to the bios.

i think with the h115i you can control the pump speed and fan speed with their software, on my MasterLiquid ML360R you just control fan speed most AIO coolers (minus digitally controlled models such as corsairs series) have their pumps attach to a 3 pin fan header, to run at 100%.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The best way to OC your system is to go up in very small steps. Start with your memory and select the XMP profile 1 as your OC.

Boot to OS and do some kind of stability test, I like to use ROG RealBench simply because the chap who designed it used only real world applications for the stress-testing. Just run the benchmark twice for now.

Once you have your XMP memory settings stable then we can proceed to the next step. One step at a time so that if something does not work you know exactly what the single change was that effected the system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The best way to OC your system is to go up in very small steps. Start with your memory and select the XMP profile 1 as your OC.

Boot to OS and do some kind of stability test, I like to use ROG RealBench simply because the chap who designed it used only real world applications for the stress-testing. Just run the benchmark twice for now.

Once you have your XMP memory settings stable then we can proceed to the next step. One step at a time so that if something does not work you know exactly what the single change was that effected the system.

Hi,
As you said i enabled xmp and then i run the rog realbench.
All tests were successful.I also downloaded and test my rams with memtest86,that test was successful too.
My ram is set now to 3600cl 16 / 16-16-16-36.

A few words about my setup before we proceed further.
My case is an air 540 ,with 3 intake and 3 exhaust fans, plus one 80 mm fan installed on the back chamber of my case as exhaust.
So i have good airflow.
Room ambient is~ 21 celsius and it will drop more.
Winter is coming here! (Athens,Greece)