cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Apex Kraken X62 compatibility

SMB_92
Level 9
Hi all,

Looking at the board mentioned in title, can't seem to find any pics if this cooler will fit properly.

Cheers.
14 REPLIES 14

davidzill
Level 7
I’m doing a system build this week. I am using both, appears there will be no issues as far as fitting goes.

kkn
Level 14
as long as its listed in the coolers spec from the manufactors site it will probably fit as long as it fits the LGA generation.

Yoda1
Level 7
If the Apex X has the same spacing as my Apex IX mobo, you might find the tubes on the X62 CPU block (that point out towards the right) cover a memory slot.*

As there are only two memory slots, this is a problem. I’m using two GSkill Trident Z memory modules.*

I just flipped the block upside down on mine (the NZXT logo switched off) and been using the system like that *for 12 months. Do it at your own risk of course.*

I’ve had awesome temps so pretty happy. **
Your ass is grass, smoke it I will!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont care for AIO, take it one further really dont care for the Krakens cruddy design that impedes all motherboards ram slots in some fashion.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

SMB_92
Level 9
Yeah I'm getting the feeling it's gonna block a Ram slot given it seems so close. I found a video with a H115 and the had to mount sideways as well.

Not sure if mounting upside down has any adverse effect, but seems it will be painful to stick it sideways on account of the dumb cables coming out the top.

Decisions lol. This is about the only board that interests me too. Any recommendations on a cooler that might fit? A could afford another within a $250 price range.

SMB_92
Level 9
Well I think I've decided I'll replace the kraken an original H115i (non pro). Seems they are selling reasonably cheap, I might whack a couple A14 3000 on it too 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
EK are releasing new versions of AIO, not cheap but probably the highest quality of AIO available
The stock Corsair fans are good but can get loud at full speed, there ML fans are really nice

Yoda1
Level 7
Ello Menthol =),

What are the new AIO's called from EK?
Your ass is grass, smoke it I will!

Menthol
Level 14