cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula worth the wait?

I__EXiLE__I
Level 7
Waiting for this mother board to drop so I can start a new build; however I don't know if it's worth the wait. I love all the features about it, but being new hardware I'm wondering what kind of headaches are going to come with it. Also, I hear that ASUS doesn't have very good tech support, so if that's true maybe I should get a different board. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

So far on my build I only have a 3770k purchased, waiting on mobo to purchase the rest.........
7 REPLIES 7

Deletive
Level 7
well, I say, If the Formula doesn't come out soon go with soemthing else, because there nothing worst then trying to RMA a Cpu that doesn't work after 30 day Warranty , unless you get 1 year or above Warranty.

Dark
Level 9
all motherboards are same to me longs they look good and work i dont care.

Just go with what you have your heart set on thats what i did and im not going back.

In end its if you want intel or AMD
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

I already made the decision on going Intel. The 3770k Is the only thing I have purchased so far. My problem is deciding on my mobo. I like the Z77 sabertooth but it lacks features I want, whereas, the Formula V has everything I could foresee needing in the next couple years. Plus I hear the Z77 Sabertooth has a very poor layout. I guess I'm just waiting to see what the Formula sells for because the more I think about it, cost is going to be a major factor. The fact that this release date keeps getting further pushed back is questionable. Anyone else have any suggestions on a mid-high end mobo for the 3770k?

Zka17
Level 16
Maximus V Gene?

BTW, if you want Asus tech support, just look around this Forum... you can find both Asus people and consumers, all trying to help... :cool:

Go for a Asus Sabertooth Z77, the Maximus V Formula and the maximus V extreme will come in October or September, so you have to wait if you want it...
Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX + FX-8350 + Corsair H60 P/P = 5400MHz

Electrocabeza wrote:
Go for a Asus Sabertooth Z77, the Maximus V Formula and the maximus V extreme will come in October or September, so you have to wait if you want it...

Urm what?

Formula is already on sale in some regions, while Extreme is a week or two away. July will see availability everywhere.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not sure about October or September as the boards are available for pre-order in the US and some folks seem to have them in Australia already.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.