Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula mPCI-E Wifi Card Help

KrazyKat
Level 7
Hello!

Thank you for your help in advance!

I have bought this board, and obviously it came with the included mPCI-E wireless card and the antennas.

MY question is... how do you attach it to the card? Is it to be soldered? Or was it suppose to come pre-attached... cause mine didn't. =(

Sorry for the noob question. I tried to Google around but everyone's problem with it seems to be more compatibility instead of the actual attachment.

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, KrazyKat.

Installing the mPCIe card is actually very easy.

1. Remove the two screws from the mPCIe card.
2. Line up the module and insert it in a angle.
3. Hold down the module and put the two screws back in.
4. Flip the mPCIe card to it's side and remove the screw from the metal bracket.
5. Look on the top left side of your motherboard to find the mPCIe connector. Insert the mPCIe card into this connector.
6. Flip your motherboard over and put in the screw you removed earlier from the metal bracket to secure the card in place.
7. Grab the antenna cables and connect the two connectors to the two pins on the mPCIe card.
7. Remove the two bolts from the Wifi antennas.
8. Continue to install your motherboard into the case.
9. Insert the two connectors through the I/O shield's two holes and re-attach the two bolts.
10. Screw in the two antennas and you're done.

MultiDoc
Level 7
Here's a pic of mine, hope it helps you get the idea of how to install it (don't have a better one at the moment):

Cheers,

Nick
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact, 5950X, Crucial Ballistic 2x32GB @ 3600MHz, 2 x Corsair MP600 2TB, 2 x Samsung 870 Evo 4TB, Asus 3090 TUF OC, Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ, Panasonic UJ265 ODD, Ncase M1 v6.1, Corsair SF750, Logitech G703, Wooting One, Soundblaster Katana X, Audeze LCD-GX, Logitech C920 HD Pro, Win 10 Pro x64

KrazyKat
Level 7
Thanks for the prompt responses... but more specifically - how do you connect the wires to the card?

Chino
Level 15

You see the two gold pins on the mPCIe card? You just connect the two antennas to it. Just put the connector over the pin and push down on it. It'll snap into place and you'll hear a click sound. There's no need for soldering.

Oh my.... =____________="""

Thank you sir.