cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero XI wifi MB start issues

jparsons19
Level 7
Purchased new 9900k, maximus XI, and 850 watt Thermaltake toughpower modular PSU

When everything is connected, the Motherboard lights come on, the start button is lit, but it will not power on from the mother board or the case power button.

I removed the video card and hard drive to isolate the board itself. Tried another PSU from my old set up. Returned the board for a new one. --Same exact issue--

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I've build a few pc's and made several upgrades, but but consider myself a novice at best. This is the 6th asus MB i have purchased and have never had an issue.

TIA
2 REPLIES 2

XYchromosone
Level 10
that's strange that a replacement mobo gives the same error. I wonder if in fact the mobo was actually replaced? Serial number is the best way to know, i keep all serial numbers of my hardware in case of similar situation where a part needs replacing, i can make sure that it is a new/different part by its serial number. Have you tried to boot the mobo manually by shorting the start pins on the front panel header on the mobo with a small flathead screw driver, to make sure it's not a switch problem? I doubt very much it's that, but you never know, since the same problem exists with another mobo we must look for a common denominator.

I brought the old into best buy and they gave me a new one off the shelf. I am going to try to run an old MB off the new PSU this weekend, eliminate that as the issue.