cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to purchase a Rog Strix cable solution: native 2 x 8 pin to 12+4 pin cable

oO-o
Level 8

Hi.

Located in Australia and looking for either an Asus native 2 x 8 pin to 12+4 pin cable or the correct solution for my GPU replacement.

My build: Rog Strix Z590-E motherboard , Rog Strix 1000G PSU, Intel I9-11900K CPU, Aorus 2080 TI GPU.

I sourced a Rog Strix 4090 OC on the weekend, but it didn't come with the adapter cable.

I'm needing a native 2 x 8 pin to 12+4 pin cable or advice as to what/where to get that is correct for my PSU+Mobo+GPU (4090).

Many thanks in advance as I'm stuck at this stage. Have searched but can't seem to find the right answer and don't want to fry my card.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Additional info:

I've a Lian Li O11 PC Dynamic case and want to mount the Strix 4090 card in a horizontal position as I also have an eVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Card in there so have purchased the following:

- CableMod RT-Series 12VHPWR (1 x 16-pin to 3 x 8-pin PCIe) Cable for ASUS and Seasonic Black
- CableMod 12VHPWR 180 Degree Angled Adapter Variant B Black.

View solution in original post

Update for those wanting to know: 'CableMod 12VHPWR 180 Degree Angled Adapter Variant B Black' is incorrect for this solution. What's required is the Variant A, not B. B angles the cables IN TO the GPU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Murph_9000
Level 14

CableMod are recommended by ASUS and should have what you are looking for.  There may be a discount voucher for them included with your PSU.  Their "Classic ModMesh" appears to be identical to the cables which came with my ROG Thor PSU.  They also do right-angle adapters for the 12+4 cables, to help with clearance between the card and case side panel when the GPU is mounted directly on the board, or just for a clean look if vertically mounted.

You might also be able to get a free cable from ASUS:

https://www.asus.com/events/infoM/activity_RTX40_PSU_cable_program/

Thank you, much appreciated.

For those interested I've been recommended one of the following 12VHPWR solutions by CableMod:

https://store.cablemod.com/product-category/12vhpwr/?filter_series=rt-series

Additional info:

I've a Lian Li O11 PC Dynamic case and want to mount the Strix 4090 card in a horizontal position as I also have an eVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Card in there so have purchased the following:

- CableMod RT-Series 12VHPWR (1 x 16-pin to 3 x 8-pin PCIe) Cable for ASUS and Seasonic Black
- CableMod 12VHPWR 180 Degree Angled Adapter Variant B Black.

Update for those wanting to know: 'CableMod 12VHPWR 180 Degree Angled Adapter Variant B Black' is incorrect for this solution. What's required is the Variant A, not B. B angles the cables IN TO the GPU.