cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with NVMe on 690-F Motherboard

adam_b_avis
Level 7
Hello all. I've had issues with my NVMe drives mounted on 690-F motherboard. Seeking advice here. After installing all my hardware, I was able to install W11. I've had a lot of issues with blue screen, rebuilding RAID, hard stops and freezes. After much iteration, I've narrowed it down to NVMe issue and conflict with the GPU. My Motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi. GPU is Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090ti. NVME drives are four total, Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD, 2x 1TB and 2x 2TB. My intention was match the two 1TB drives as mirror RAID for Operating System. Match the two 2TB drives Striped for Applications. No issues finding drivers that allowed W11 to recognize the drives. However, what I've found, if there is any drive in the M.2_1 slot, and GPU in PCIEX16(G5) slot, no matter if the drive is part of a RAID or not, it causes all the problems I described above. I tried every configuration I could think of to keep the four drives. After removing the drive from the m.2_1 slot and loading only three drives (1TB standard in the m.2_2 slot, 2TB drives configured in striped RAID in slots M.2_3 and m.2_4), everything seems to be working fine. GPU is in the PCIEX16 (G5) slot. For reference the manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_STRIX_Z690-F_GAMING_WIFI/E19165_ROG_STRIX_Z690-F_G...
Chapter 1 page 7 and page 10.

I understand the m.2_1 slot and the GPU share bandwidth. What I don't understand is why they are conflicting. What advice do you have? Thanks all.
0 REPLIES 0