cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with drivers or PSU with Asus Maximus Hero VII

joseleg
Level 7
I am having trouble with my PC when is turn on and turn off.
Issues:

• The pc take a lot of time to start, especially after the ROG logo screen (the screen to enter the UEFI BIOS). After loading the pc work fine with heavy works like gaming or running virtual machines.
  • One detail is in the ROG Q-Code Led in the motherboard show the code 40, normally show the code A0. This code 40 is not showed everyday, some days the code A0 is showed.
  • I can't enter the UEFI BIOS the mobo get stuck in a black screen and the Q-code show A2. To enter the bios I need to unplug the cord from the psu for a couple of minutes and reset the bios.

I am getting another case to test if my current case make a short to the mobo or the buttons and cables are the problem.
I replace the mobo battery and the issue persist.
I don't know if this a PSU or drivers issue, I test the pc with three PSU and the issue persist.

Yesterday my PSU literally explode. I turn on the pc and the psu make a weird sound and "boom".
I was usign a PSU Antec True Power 750w. All the remain components are fine, I put my spare psu (Corsair TX 750m) and the pc start always with the same issue and when the pc is turn off the fan from the psu won't stop.

My specs:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VII
CPU: I7 4770k
RAM: 8x2 2133Mhz corsair Vengeance Pro
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 770
Current PSU: Corsair TX 750m
Dead PSU: Antec TruePower 750w

Any advice?
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
It's possible the board has incurred damage after the PSU failure. Clear the CMOS, remove the battery and start the system with nothing but the keyboard connected. See if the system still hangs in the same manner.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
It's possible the board has incurred damage after the PSU failure. Clear the CMOS, remove the battery and start the system with nothing but the keyboard connected. See if the system still hangs in the same manner.

The issues started before the psu die, I had this issues for a couple of weeks.
I will try your suggestion