cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem with triple monitors: ROG SWIFT PG27VQ

quattroboy
Level 7
Hi folks,

I recently purchased three ROG SWIFT PG27VQ 27" monitors and they are running off a Gigabyte water-cooled 2080ti on a ROG Maximus XI Hero mobo with a water-cooled i7 9700K @5.1GHz operating in NVidia surround. I run the monitors at 165Hz, but have even tried at 144Hz and the same issue persists. I am on the latest updated version of WIN10 and all power saving features and screen savers etc are off.

The monitors work just fine generally, but every so often one of them will switch off during game play, but never just the same one. Sometimes it's the left one, other times the center one, or the right side. but never more than one at once. This problem has been persistent through three different NVidia drivers. Yesterday I upgraded the driver to the latest WHQL version 425.31 and still, the problem is still there.

When it happens, just one screen, but never more than one of them, will simply go black, the power LED changes colour, then the screen reboots about 5 seconds and once it has gone through this cycle, I do not suffer it again that day. The screens can be on for hours without issue during gaming, then boom, one turns off. Then they will work without issue for the rest of the day.

I hope someone can suggest what I can try to stop this from happening. Thanks in advance.

>^..^<
9 REPLIES 9

quattroboy
Level 7
Desperate for any ideas please 🙂

xeromist
You might have already considered this but what are they plugged into? Maybe this is simple electrical problem. Loose connection, faulty power strip, etc.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

quattroboy
Level 7
Hi Xeroist. Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. They all plugged into a large multiple power outlet along with lots of other peripherals. Perhaps the power is limited?

I'll plug them in elsewhere and see how it goes.

Cheers

quattroboy
Level 7
Checked that. Plugged each monitor power into its own dedicated wall outlet. Still happens. Just sitting reading a forum and one monitor just turned off and back on again.

I'm at my wits end. 😞

xeromist
I don't have any more ideas on specific cause but there are a few things that might be worth testing. I would try disconnecting power or the display cable from one of the monitors to see if either disconnection behaves like what you are seeing. That might tell you if the monitor is losing power or picture. Given that you say the monitor reboots it doesn't sound like the display cutting out but it's worth checking.

Another thing to try is to leave one of the displays out of your configuration for a day or two to see if it still happens with two displays.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Have you tried updating the firmware here?

https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello,

Have you tried updating the firmware here?

https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

Thanks. I'm going to try that now. Appreciate the help guys. 🙂

quattroboy
Level 7
HI Scone.

I just ran the updater, but it reported that, "this update is not applicable to your graphics card" 😞

quattroboy wrote:
HI Scone.

I just ran the updater, but it reported that, "this update is not applicable to your graphics card" 😞

Then it likely isn't for Turing. Might be worth filing a bug report with NV.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090