cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Rapid Raid and P4000 issues

KCossaboon
Level 8
Having a strang issue when installing Windows 10.*

Intel® Core™ i7-8086K limited-edition processor.
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB 4 x 16GB DDR4 ( CMK64GX4M4A2666C16 ) pc3-19200
NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Corsair TX 750M 80+G ATX PSU Corsair H115I LIQUID COOLER COOLMASTER MASTER CASE PRO 5
2x SAMSUNG E 250GB 960EVO NVME M.2 in RAID 0*
NEW 1G SSD

ASUS ProArt PA328Q Professional Monitor - 32" 4K UHD(3840 x 2160)
ASUS ProArt PA248Q Professional*Monitor - 24.1" *(1920x1200)

*Previously: I built the machine on the RAID0 M.2 and everything worked, now windows is having issues, so I want to build on the new drive.

Problem 1: boot off USB WIndows installer, start the build, it partitions the SSD into 4 portions, then fails *with different errors, ether wants the drive to be FAT?? Or after deleting all portions, and reinstalling it would fail stating it can not set PC to boot

Resolution (I think) to Problem 1: I disabled the Intel Rapid RAID Controller (thus loosing *M.2 drive), then I can Install windows, it builds, goes through the patches.
Problem 1.1: Windows will not use the PA328Q monitor. Display sees the second screen, (on display settings), no image, display in sleep. Install latest P4000 drivers, still nothing. NVIDIA control panel sees both monitors, still no image, screen in sleep mode.*

I re-inilize the Intel RAID, boot from the M.2, both monitors work, but I can not boot from the SSD, it attempts then goes into Window Repair.*

QUESTION:

Why would the P4000 not inilize the high def screen on a clean windows install? *

2 REPLIES 2

KCossaboon
Level 8
All - though this is an issue, I have distilled the issue down to

1) Installing Windows 10 on a ROG with Intel Rapid Storage Raid is ROCKET SCIENCE
2) NVIDIA P4000 has some install issues that can be resolved with removing old drivers and reinstall new.

Still can not get Windows to install on a SSD plugged into SATA Port2?*

KCossaboon wrote:
All - though this is an issue, I have distilled the issue down to

1) Installing Windows 10 on a ROG with Intel Rapid Storage Raid is ROCKET SCIENCE
2) NVIDIA P4000 has some install issues that can be resolved with removing old drivers and reinstall new.

Still can not get Windows to install on a SSD plugged into SATA Port2?*

Hardware
1) Remove all Disks (SSD, HDD, and M.2) except the one the you are installing Windows onto
2) Set SATA to Intel RAID if you plan to use it on completed machine, or if your installing on a RAID Partition

*In BIOS
3) CMS set to DISABLED, if you use AUTO, the install (for me on a SSD on the SATA Ports), it does not install as a UEFI
4) Set to a Non Secure, other OS. If the grayed out part shows ‘Secure Boot’ then erase the security keys. You can back them up as well.

With only one strange device, CMS Disabled, no Secure Boot and SATA set to your desire, install Windows 10. **