cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of fans to motherboard asus z490

fco_hellowen
Level 7
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I want to thank you for being part of the rog community. well I tell you my concern. and I apologize for my English is not my first language 😞

A couple of days ago I bought an asus rog strix z490 e-gaming motherboard which when I realized how much it has 2 cha_fan1 and cha_fan2 inputs and I wanted to install 2 cooler masters masterfan 120 halo fans in each input.

basically my question is if I can put 2 of those fans with a splitter cable in the cha_fan1 and do the same with the other 2 fans in the cha_fan2, I ask this for the new technology of multiple fans in the motherboards z590, and also I was seeing the voltage and amperage of my fans and it says "DC 12V 0.37A DC 5V 0.55A led" and the manual of the board says "Max current 1A" Max power 12W ". Well I hope that the way I am thinking of putting the fans using a splitter cable is a good idea.
I would really appreciate any advice you can give me since it is my first desktop computer that I am building with Asus parts and I have always liked this brand since I bought my first Asus laptop 7 years ago.
1 REPLY 1

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, yes those fans are fine in that configuration. The addressable lighting headers have a maximum of 3A also.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090