Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[INFORMATION] Windows 11 : Get Ready

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

Get Ready

Check for compatibility

Use the PC Health Check to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

DOWNLOAD PC HEALTH CHECK APP

Minimum system requirements

Processor : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
Memory : 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM.
Storage : 64 GB or larger storage device.
System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
TPM : Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Graphics card : Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
Display Resolution : High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9" diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection : Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.

Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, to upgrade. Free updates are available through Windows Update in Settings>Update and Security.

Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install.
Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.
Source : How to Get Windows 11 for Your Compatible PC

Windows 11 Supported Processors

AMD : Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors
Intel
: Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors
Source : Windows Processor Requirements

Windows 11 Supported ASUS Motherboards

AMD : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets & AMD TRX40 chipset or more recent.
Intel : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets or more recent.
Source : ASUS Motherboards Ready for Windows 11

BIOS settings to meets the system requirements to run Windows 11 :

Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG/TUF/PRIME logo appears to enter in your BIOS

Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode

UEFI

Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
Secure Boot

Boot tab > Secure Boot > OS Type : Windows UEFI Mode
TPM 2.0

AMD fTPM : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD fTPM : Enabled > OK

Intel PTT
: Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enable > OK
Press F10 to Save & Exit

Notes

- If your BIOS is up to date, some settings are already enabled.
- The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the BIOS generation & range of your ASUS motherboard.
122 REPLIES 122

Ceo22
Level 7
Hello, could someone help me?
I am trying to install Windows 11 and it says "The computer must support Secure Boot".
But I have Secure Boot enabled in BIOS.

My mother is a ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Ceo22 wrote:
I am trying to install Windows 11 and it says "The computer must support Secure Boot".

Hi,

If you followed the process at the end of the first post of this thread, use this tool then post a screenshot of it : WhyNotWin11

MoKiChU
Level 40
Ceo22 wrote:

Hi,

If your CPU/Motherboard is Windows 11 Supported and that you followed the process at the end of the first post of this thread, use this tool then post a screenshot of it : https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases/download/2.3.0.5/WhyNotWin11.exe

Jesseinsf
Level 10
MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

Source : https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-11

Source : https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

Source : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046215

BIOS settings to meets the UEFI, Secure Boot & TPM 2.0 requirements to run Windows 11 (if your CPU/Motherboard is Windows 11 Supported) :

Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode

Press F10 to Save & Exit

Note : The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the generation or range of your ASUS motherboard.

You forgot one vital requirement. Intel Virtualization Technology and AMD SVM Virtualization Technology needs to be enabled as well.

Jesseinsf wrote:
You forgot one vital requirement. Intel Virtualization Technology and AMD SVM Virtualization Technology needs to be enabled as well.

Hi,

Virtualization enabled is not one of the minimum system requirements, but to meets the full requirements (including VBS requirements) it is indeed necessary.

Thread updated.

The specs of my kit are here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/dT7TwP

So it meets the TMP and Secure Boot requirements

Windows 11 installation fails with a Safe_OS error that we have yet to figure out why this is so.

It may have to do with the fact that I am using AMD's RAID controller and my boot drive is on RAID 0.

Others suggest that it is due to an incompatibility of the KB5003690 (Issued a few days ago) with Nvidia graphics drivers that fails too to update.

Apart from that I manages to install Windows 11 in a VM in my kit. It looks lovely. So lovely that I wanted to install it in my physical machine as well.

Here is my support case at Microsoft forums

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/463239/upgrade-to-windows-11-results-in-select-ke...

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Virtualization enabled is not one of the minimum system requirements, but to meets the full requirements (including VBS requirements) it is indeed necessary.

Thread updated.

Some people who had issues with TPM, turning on Virtualization fix their issues. That is why I say that.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Thread updated.

In Wikipedia it says the following:

As part of the minimum system requirements, Windows 11 only runs on devices with a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 security coprocessor.[59][60] According to Microsoft, the TPM 2.0 coprocessor is a "critical building block" for protection against firmware and hardware attacks. In addition, Microsoft now requires devices with Windows 11 to include virtualization-based security (VBS), hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI), and Secure Boot built-in and enabled by default.[61] The operating system also features hardware-enforced stack protection for supported Intel and AMD processors for protection against zero-day exploits.

MarkJohnson
Level 9
I am having an opposite problem. I had Win11 installed and had issues with some apps like steam overlay, and some game overlay apps for my games. So I rolled back to win10.

Well, I enabled TPM 2.0 (under fTPM in the BIOS) and there was a warning that if undone improperly, that it could lock my drive (Samsung 980 Pro 1TB).

I can't seem to figure out how to make sure TMP 2.0 is uninstalled/disabled and not lock my drive forever? I was never asked for a password at any time. I am using win10 Pro.

FYI, My system is an Asus B550-F Gaming WiFi, Ryzen 5800x, Dell 6800 XT 16GB GPU, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Im cant vouch for this and take what goofball says with a grain of sale (no not salt) but ran across this elsewhere. I have TPM embedded and meet all the requirements but may be useful and actually work for others.

https://youtu.be/NivpAiuh-s0