Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[INFORMATION] Windows 11 : Get Ready

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

Get Ready

Check for compatibility

Use the PC Health Check to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

DOWNLOAD PC HEALTH CHECK APP

Minimum system requirements

Processor : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
Memory : 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM.
Storage : 64 GB or larger storage device.
System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
TPM : Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Graphics card : Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
Display Resolution : High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9� diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection : Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.

Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, to upgrade. Free updates are available through Windows Update in Settings>Update and Security.

Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install.
Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.
Source : How to Get Windows 11 for Your Compatible PC

Windows 11 Supported Processors

AMD : Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors
Intel
: Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors
Source : Windows Processor Requirements

Windows 11 Supported ASUS Motherboards

AMD : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets & AMD TRX40 chipset or more recent.
Intel : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets or more recent.
Source : ASUS Motherboards Ready for Windows 11

BIOS settings to meets the system requirements to run Windows 11 :

Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG/TUF/PRIME logo appears to enter in your BIOS

Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode

UEFI

Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
Secure Boot

Boot tab > Secure Boot > OS Type : Windows UEFI Mode
TPM 2.0

AMD fTPM : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD fTPM : Enabled > OK

Intel PTT
: Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enable > OK
Press F10 to Save & Exit

Notes

- If your BIOS is up to date, some settings are already enabled.
- The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the BIOS generation & range of your ASUS motherboard.
122 REPLIES 122

I'm disappointed to discover that my motherboard ASUS Prime X299-AII doesn't support TPM. Hopefully, like others are saying it is only a requirement during beta testing. But still, this is a new and expensive board. Why would TPM not be included.

EddieJ300 wrote:
I'm disappointed to discover that my motherboard ASUS Prime X299-AII doesn't support TPM. Hopefully, like others are saying it is only a requirement during beta testing. But still, this is a new and expensive board. Why would TPM not be included.

I have the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha with i7-6700T. Also got a shock when I realised there's totally no option for fTPM or dTPM in the BIOS. It also doesn't have any TPM header on the board.

Hello,

I would like to thank you for posting all this stuff, and for the sharing.
Dam man, you change my life, I used to take hours to get all last drivers and firmwares.
So just thanks man.

jmut13
Level 7
I cannot get PTT enable to stick. I change from disabled to enabled and confirm changes when saving and exiting. I go back to check and its disabled. Lots of changes in bios setting so its not like I don't know how to save my changes.

I'm on a Strix Z490-I with an Intel 10700k and running Bios 2103.

Any idea on how to make the change stick? Don't think there is even a place on this MB for a TPM Module as last resort.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

Source : https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-11

Source : https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

BIOS settings to meets the UEFI, Secure Boot & TPM 2.0 requirements to run Windows 11 (if your CPU is one of the Windows 11 Supported Processors) :

- UEFI : Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
- Secure Boot : Boot tab > CSM > Secure Boot : Windows UEFI Mode
- TPM 2.0 :

- Intel : Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration or PTT Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enabled
- AMD : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD CPU fTPM : Enabled

Note : The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the generation or range of your ASUS hardware.

jmut13 wrote:
I cannot get PTT enable to stick. I change from disabled to enabled and confirm changes when saving and exiting. I go back to check and its disabled. Lots of changes in bios setting so its not like I don't know how to save my changes.

I'm on a Strix Z490-I with an Intel 10700k and running Bios 2103.

Any idea on how to make the change stick? Don't think there is even a place on this MB for a TPM Module as last resort.

I have the same problem... I contacted support, but they can't repeat the problem, so they just say to install the latest bios again, which obviously doesn't solve the problem as I already had the latest version installed.

Did you get any further with this?

fretje wrote:
I have the same problem... I contacted support, but they can't repeat the problem, so they just say to install the latest bios again, which obviously doesn't solve the problem as I already had the latest version installed.

Did you get any further with this?

No. I have not gotten any further. Support has been a total joke.

I have counted now 10 people with the board that have this problem between this forum and the ASUS subreddit. The numbers will probably go way up when Win 11 final is released. I sure hope we get a bios update.

jmut13 wrote:
No. I have not gotten any further. Support has been a total joke.

I have counted now 10 people with the board that have this problem between this forum and the ASUS subreddit. The numbers will probably go way up when Win 11 final is released. I sure hope we get a bios update.

Intel Virtualization Technology and VT-d and VT-x needs to be enabled.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Intel Virtualization Technology and VT-d and VT-x needs to be enabled.

They are.

jmut13 wrote:
They are.

If support can't repeat the problem then there is a hardware conflict. it can be anything from hardware connected to the motherboard (RAM, SSD, GPU, PCIe card, etc.) to a faulty motherboard. I doubt it being a faulty overclock but anything can happen these days.

skellattarr
Level 10
I have a crosshair viii hero and when I ran the compatible tool the first time it said my system could not run windows 11 then I looked in BIOS and changed TPM to firmware and now the tool said I'm able to run it
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case