Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[INFORMATION] Windows 11 : Get Ready

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

Get Ready

Check for compatibility

Use the PC Health Check to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

DOWNLOAD PC HEALTH CHECK APP

Minimum system requirements

Processor : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
Memory : 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM.
Storage : 64 GB or larger storage device.
System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
TPM : Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Graphics card : Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
Display Resolution : High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9" diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection : Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.

Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, to upgrade. Free updates are available through Windows Update in Settings>Update and Security.

Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install.
Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.
Source : How to Get Windows 11 for Your Compatible PC

Windows 11 Supported Processors

AMD : Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors
Intel
: Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors
Source : Windows Processor Requirements

Windows 11 Supported ASUS Motherboards

AMD : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets & AMD TRX40 chipset or more recent.
Intel : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets or more recent.
Source : ASUS Motherboards Ready for Windows 11

BIOS settings to meets the system requirements to run Windows 11 :

Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG/TUF/PRIME logo appears to enter in your BIOS

Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode

UEFI

Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
Secure Boot

Boot tab > Secure Boot > OS Type : Windows UEFI Mode
TPM 2.0

AMD fTPM : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD fTPM : Enabled > OK

Intel PTT
: Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enable > OK
Press F10 to Save & Exit

Notes

- If your BIOS is up to date, some settings are already enabled.
- The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the BIOS generation & range of your ASUS motherboard.
122 REPLIES 122

emsir wrote:
No they don't.....The pc health app says you can't install windows 11 despite what you say . You must buy a TPM module.

It was not final build for everyone. It leaked from member of Insider level which may working on oem vendors. So the TPM 2.0 module
checking appear when you're trying installation without authorization by Microsoft.

Don't worry final build was so far from existing. When its going to RC level you'll able to testing the nearest complete version once.

Windows 11 built for all Windows 10 existing hardware vendors and
will be welcome everyone on the end development period.

This 21996.1 was only starting change from Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21390.1010 last week for me and all Windows Insider around the world.

So don't judge final product from this earlier build.
W11CANARY 26200.5001 Core i9 7980XE 02007108 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E Modified BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 552.22 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

New buid with latest BIOs on Strix X570-F Gaming and 5950 AMD processor and Microsoft checker said NO! After enabling TPM firmware in BIOS my build passed the specs for install of Windows 11. I may regret this move yet further down the line!

emsir wrote:
No they don't.....The pc health app says you can't install windows 11 despite what you say . You must buy a TPM module.

It may already be present on your board, just have to enable it in BIOS. I know its already there in the Rampage VI Extreme Encore. I had to enable it to pass the test.

MoKiChU
Level 40
emsir wrote:

Hi,

You probably haven't read the first post of the thread to the end :

MoKiChU wrote:
BIOS settings to meets the UEFI, Secure Boot & TPM v2.0 requirements to run Windows 11 (if your CPU is one of the Windows 11 Supported Processors, otherwise the presence of these settings is not guaranteed) :

- UEFI : Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
- Secure Boot : Boot tab > CSM > Secure Boot : Windows UEFI Mode
- TPM v2.0 :

- Intel : Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration or PTT Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enabled
- AMD : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD CPU fTPM : Enabled

Note : The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the generation or range of your ASUS hardware.

MoKiChU
Level 40
emsir wrote:

Hi,

MoKiChU wrote:
BIOS settings to meets the UEFI, Secure Boot & TPM v2.0 requirements to run Windows 11 (if your CPU is one of the Windows 11 Supported Processors, otherwise the presence of these settings is not guaranteed) :

- TPM v2.0 :

- Intel : Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration or PTT Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enabled
- AMD : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD CPU fTPM : Enabled

Note : The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the generation or range of your ASUS hardware.

MoKiChU
Level 40
emsir wrote:

Hi,

MoKiChU wrote:

- TPM v2.0 :

restsugavan
Level 13
@Mokichu The 21996.1 may limited some features for Windows Insider.

According to Microsoft docs above Intel processor list.
My old folks CPU didn't support W11 .

But I was able to running it on my rig easily due Insider member account.

Next week the new build will fixing these TPM check soon.
Windows teams need to ensure their lastest OS support as much as possible hardware vendors including D.I.Y. sections.

Don't be worried. Let's see
W11CANARY 26200.5001 Core i9 7980XE 02007108 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E Modified BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 552.22 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

restsugavan wrote:
According to Microsoft docs above Intel processor list.
My old folks CPU didn't support W11.

Hi,

If your CPU is not listed (so, that you don't meet the Soft Floor Hardware Requirements), but that you meet the Hard Floor Hardware Requirements (with UEFI, Secure Boot, TPM 1.2), you will be able to install it anyway at your own risk, except that as Microsoft states : "devices that do not meet the soft floor will receive a notification that upgrade is not advised".

Thank you for the How too on here. 😮
I have a Asus rog crosshair viii hero motherboard after turning on TPM
I'm get a Asus rog crosshair viii hero code 9e every thing seem ok so far with it
any thoughts ?

Korvie wrote:
Thank you for the How too on here. 😮
I have a Asus rog crosshair viii hero motherboard after turning on TPM
I'm get a Asus rog crosshair viii hero code 9e every thing seem ok so far with it
any thoughts ?

Hi,

Q-Codes are not always error codes.

By logic, given that 9D = USB Enable, one might think that 9E = TPM Enable. But anyway, only ASUS staff can answer you with certainty.