cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving computer

James48
Level 7
Hello, my computer is 18 months old and I'm very satisfied with it, still, I'm curious if it's possible to place a 9e generation processor in my computer?

Probably the structure of the entire computer has to be rebuilt with new components? :confused:

Regards, James48
871 Views
10 REPLIES 10

Mixer
Level 7
Hello, my computer is 18 months old and I'm very satisfied with it, still, I'm curious if it's possible to place a 9e generation processor in my computer?
Probably the structure of the entire computer has to be rebuilt with new components? :confused:


Hi James:

Can't say what you can or can't do without knowing what your computer is. Need the: Name, Model Number

You know that if you can find out the same information by going to your computer manufacturers website and look up the specifications and CPU support. That information may be in your user manual or online user manual.

Mixer
Level 7
James48 wrote:
Hello, my computer is 18 months old and I'm very satisfied with it, still, I'm curious if it's possible to place a 9e generation processor in my computer?

Probably the structure of the entire computer has to be rebuilt with new components? :confused:

Regards, James48


Sorry, didn't even look at your specs. Based on the list PNDiode linked, played a bit here:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i9-9900KF/3937vsm764533

Thank you, sorry, I thought you should click on my personal Specs button, I hope it's clear enough to read?

83969

James48

James48 wrote:
Thank you, sorry, I thought you should click on my personal Specs button, I hope it's clear enough to read?

83969

James48


Thank you very much for the useful advice.

Regards,
James48

Hi James48,

Before you do, make sure that your BIOS version will support it! I have a z390-e and had to get the supplier to flash it before building from scratch. So best update it before swapping the CPU. Look at the CPU list link posted above.

Also double check ram compatibility.

Gareth

gb2048 wrote:
Hi James48,

Before you do, make sure that your BIOS version will support it! I have a z390-e and had to get the supplier to flash it before building from scratch. So best update it before swapping the CPU. Look at the CPU list link posted above.

Also double check ram compatibility.

Gareth


Thank you Gareth, before I do something to change, I will inform my computer designer or engineer about it.

James48

davemon50
Level 11
Has to be the same socket. Your board is socket 1151.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Has to be the same socket. Your board is socket 1151.


I would like to know if my motherboard, graphics card and components can still be improved ?