cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm out of ideas, please help! (ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI) + 5900x)

ZeroCool22
Level 10
I will try to describe my problem the best i can...

I recently did an upgrade:

• ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WIFI)
  • RYZEN 9 5900X
  • COOLER MASTER MASTERAIR MA610P RGB
  • 2X16 3000 MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO
  • MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB GAMING X
  • SSD KINGSTON UV400/V300/Samsung 860 EVO
  • WD BLACK 4TB
  • WD BLUE 1TB
  • AEROCOOL KCAS 700WFULL RANGE

Everything is new, except the 1080 TI and HDD's/SSD's.

The problem is i feel the system a little sluggish, and the worst part is when i use AirExplorer (a program for Download/Upload file from different host like Google Drive).
When i use Air Explorer and play games, i get FPS Drops every x minutes. If i not use AE games runs fine.

Things i already tried:

Old and new versions of Win 10.
Different version of Air Explorer.
Save files i download from AE to a different Disk in my PC. (I have my Win installed on a SSD and i use the WD Black for the downloads)
Old and latest BETA BIOS.
All Chipset Drivers are installed and are the latest versions.
Different power plans.
The is NO conflicts/problems on the Device Manager.

Still the same result/problem.

*I must say in my old INTEL system, an I7700K + Msi Z270 Gaming M3 never had this problem, i could leave Air Explorer downloading/uploading things and play games without any problems. And we are talking about Single Player/Offline games , not Multiplayer, just in case.

I can't believe i have this kind of problem with this beast of CPU, multitasking with AE an playing a game should be a piece of cake...

I'm really close to sell this CPU + Mother and switch to an 10900k + a new Mother.

I regret so much for not listening my friend who told me: "if a was you, i would go for the 10900k, AMD have lot of problems with incompatibilities..."
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
You can try setting the hard drive not to turn off (0 minutes). This has helped me.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You can try setting the hard drive not to turn off (0 minutes). This has helped me.

Thx, but i already tried that.