cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Build! Need advice! Thanks!

Zeruel
Level 7
I'm starting a Z87 build soon but I'll be ordering all the water cooling parts now and other parts.

Case: Corsair 900D $350
MotherBoard: Maximus 6 Formula ~$300
CPU: i7 4770k $350
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper $810
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133MHz $460
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i $230
HDD: WD Black 2TB $160
SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB $240

Fans:Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition 120mm Twin Pack High Airflow Case Fan x4 $112

Custom Water Cooling

For custom water cooling is this a solid build? Do I have all the necessary parts for it? I'm assuming I chose quality parts, plus I'm ordering from FrozenCPU.

Total $3637

Thank you for looking of over my future build, any advice would be great. I'm going for the Red and Black look. Also I will around 10 Fans operating. Will I need a fan controller? Any recommendations for a fan controller.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling
9 REPLIES 9

Zka17
Level 16
I think, you pretty much set...

I would go for a fan controller all the time when it's about radiators... I like and had good luck with the Lamptron controllers...

I also like to mention every time that I don't like the those pre-mixed coolants... specially if they're colored... You can get colored tubes for the same price, and using simple distilled water will save you some cash...

Zka17 wrote:
I think, you pretty much set...

I would go for a fan controller all the time when it's about radiators... I like and had good luck with the Lamptron controllers...

I also like to mention every time that I don't like the those pre-mixed coolants... specially if they're colored... You can get colored tubes for the same price, and using simple distilled water will save you some cash...

I'm guessing mixed coolant isnt good for the pump?

The FC5 v3 - Lamptron looks really good thanks for the info! http://www.lamptron.com/product/controllers/fc5-v3/
Cruel Angel

Custom Water Cooling

Zeruel wrote:

since you ordered blood red tubings and res, go for clear coolant.
colored coolant can stain tubings, impellars, ++.

Zeruel wrote:

In my view, the mixed coolant isn't good for anything... yes, there is a chance to get some gunc build up from the colorant in the worst places... but then most of the colored coolants look differently when they're inside the loop...

So, as a basic rule, you either have clear tubing and colored fluid in them, or you have colored tubing with clear fluid... - or you won't be able to predict how the final color will look like...

Zka17 wrote:
In my view, the mixed coolant isn't good for anything... yes, there is a chance to get some gunc build up from the colorant in the worst places... but then most of the colored coolants look differently when they're inside the loop...

So, as a basic rule, you either have clear tubing and colored fluid in them, or you have colored tubing with clear fluid... - or you won't be able to predict how the final color will look like...

Thanks! Oh what are your views on the tubing sizes, should I get tubing with a larger inner/outer diameter?
Cruel Angel

Custom Water Cooling

HiVizMan
Level 40
Zka is one of the best people here to talk to about water cooling, spend a afternoon going through his test bench thread. Much quality water-cooling information there.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kkn
Level 14

Zka17
Level 16
My favorite tubing size is 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD... this is a pretty thick walled one - I use the Primochill LRT Advanced brand...

Going larger internal diameter (ID) will not help your cooling at all, as there will be more restricted parts in your loop (the cooling blocks). So, just go with the diameters you think will look good in your system! 🙂

Zka17 wrote:
My favorite tubing size is 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD... this is a pretty thick walled one - I use the Primochill LRT Advanced brand...

Going larger internal diameter (ID) will not help your cooling at all, as there will be more restricted parts in your loop (the cooling blocks). So, just go with the diameters you think will look good in your system! 🙂

Alright Thank you! Much appreciated!

Oh yeah! Biocide or Silver strip? Since I'll just be using distilled water.
Cruel Angel

Custom Water Cooling