cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Windows 10

KCossaboon
Level 8
I know this should be a no brain’r but I can not seem to reinstall windows.

I get hung at “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation”

I tried 17 verations of CMS, LEgace, UEFI, Intel Raid on off, different SATA port...

Any have a quick guide on ROG setting to install WIndows 10 from a USB to a SSD SATA?*
1 REPLY 1

KCossaboon
Level 8
KCossaboon wrote:
I know this should be a no brain’r but I can not seem to reinstall windows.

I get hung at “Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation”

I tried 17 verations of CMS, LEgace, UEFI, Intel Raid on off, different SATA port...

Any have a quick guide on ROG setting to install WIndows 10 from a USB to a SSD SATA?*

Hardware
1) Remove all Disks (SSD, HDD, and M.2) except the one the you are installing Windows onto
2) Set SATA to Intel RAID if you plan to use it on completed machine, or if your installing on a RAID Partition

*In BIOS
3) CMS set to DISABLED, if you use AUTO, the install (for me on a SSD on the SATA Ports), it does not install as a UEFI
4) Set to a Non Secure, other OS. If the grayed out part shows ‘Secure Boot’ then erase the security keys. You can back them up as well.

With only one strange device, CMS Disabled, no Secure Boot and SATA set to your desire, install Windows 10.