cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero X m2_2 stuck in x2 mode.

Hamrdeye
Level 7
I have an Asus Hero X and 2 nvme drives. I can get m2_1 running in X4 mode fine. m2_2 I cannot get past x2. I have no SATA drives and the drive is 970 PRO.

M2_1

M2_2

I have BIOS sent to x4 on both M2 slots and SATA disabled.
5 REPLIES 5

AS185
Level 10
Hey there,

Make sure you have also enabled the PCIE mode inside the M2_1 Configuration menu. What else comes to mind is changing the settings PCIe speed within the PCI Express Configuration menu. Let us know what's going on.

Hamrdeye
Level 7
Thanks for the reply.

I am fairly certain I have done that. I am wondering if it is because I have a card at PCIex 1_1? I cannot find anything in the manual indicating that would affect it. I will report back on the bios settings. To clarify, M2_1 is working fine at x4 mode. The issue is M2_2 seems to only report x2, even with manual setting x4 in BIOS. Again I will double check bios settings.

The transfer mode can be hardset on the device.
Crystal DiskInfo can display this information.

I have 4 nvme drives in my system. One reports that it is 2.0 from the factory.
Highlighting in the attatched Pic shows factory speed | operating speed

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to figure this out but I think you will have to test your PC's without any PCIE_X slots. Try just leaving your graphics unit and testing with the M2 slots installed, then adding each PCIE_X component one by one (if you have any) and testing the computer to see the speeds of the M_2 slots.

Hamrdeye
Level 7
Thanks, will try these suggestions and report back. Will likely be this weekend as I have been super bust with work. 😞