cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Please

SunKissUAE
Level 7
I bought a G.Skill memory which is not listed as a QVL and it worked. However, when tried to install it with Nvidia GeForce GTX 690, I get a blank screen with an error code "b2". If you have any suggestion please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
RAM: G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX (8GB x 4)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX
Video Card 1: EVGA GeForce GTX690 Signature
Video Card 2: EVGA GeForce GTX690 Signature
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series® 800D Full-Tower Case
PSU: Corsair Professional Series™ Gold AX1200
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H100 Extreme Performance
Optical Drive: Pioneer 12x BDR-2207 UBK Internal
Card Reader: Atech Flash Pro-57U
Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U3011 30"
Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 Headset for Pro Gaming
Mouse: Razer Ouroboros Elite ambidextrous
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
5 REPLIES 5

Zka17
Level 16
Do you have all power connectors populated? Are you having trouble with the installation of the first graphic card or only when you're trying to add the second card? Do you have any OC in your system?

Menthol
Level 14
Are you using the DVI-D connector on the number one port of the top card?

danjw
Level 10
That code is "Legacy Option ROM Initialization". Not sure what that is supposed to mean. You may have to update the BIOS to be able to use the GTX 690, since it is a fairly new card. Looks like there is one that deals with an issue with the 680, so that might be it.

lenehan
Level 10
May be you should try to set PCIe from GEN 3 to GEN 2 in the bios see it help or not.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please try with one card and see if that allows you to get into bios, once in bios you can set the PCIe lanes to Gen3, or Gen2 and see if that fixes the issue.

Nice system. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.