cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helios front panel RGB not working when connected to motherboard

F1Aussie
Level 11
Hi All, i have a frustrating problem, the front panel rgb isn't working in MB mode, i have it connected to a MB header but when i go into armory crate it shows the three addressable headers but i am not sure what i am meant to do from there? The BIOS has "all on" for the lighting.

Is armory crate meant to automatically recognise when something is plugged into one of the addressable headers?

Not sure where to go from here, cheers.
5 REPLIES 5

Murph_9000
Level 14
The front panel ARGB in the Helios is the simple "gen 1" type, so doesn't talk back to the motherboard for AC to detect (that's "gen 2"). The motherboard just sends RGB patterns blindly. There's really nothing to it; just plug the front panel ARGB cable into an ARGB header, set the front panel to MB mode, then tell AC what pattern to output.

Do the front panel lights work ok when the front panel is not in MB mode?
Do you have another ARGB device (e.g. a fan) that you can use to test the motherboard ARGB header?

Murph_9000 wrote:
The front panel ARGB in the Helios is the simple "gen 1" type, so doesn't talk back to the motherboard for AC to detect (that's "gen 2"). The motherboard just sends RGB patterns blindly. There's really nothing to it; just plug the front panel ARGB cable into an ARGB header, set the front panel to MB mode, then tell AC what pattern to output.

Do the front panel lights work ok when the front panel is not in MB mode?
Do you have another ARGB device (e.g. a fan) that you can use to test the motherboard ARGB header?

Thanks for the reply, yes it works fine in those other modes. I could plug my PSU RGB into one of the headers to check. Do you know if the connector on the header needs to be pushed on forcefully? I have tried a few times and it sits on the pins quite loosely but I am worried that if I try too hard I will break a pin.

Murph_9000
Level 14
It shouldn't need much force to plug onto the header. Just make sure the blank pin on the connector and header is aligned. It should fully cover the height of the header pins when installed. It's typically not that tight a fit.

Murph_9000 wrote:
It shouldn't need much force to plug onto the header. Just make sure the blank pin on the connector and header is aligned. It should fully cover the height of the header pins when installed. It's typically not that tight a fit.

That's interesting as when I push it on as far as it will go a lot of the pins are still visible, I thought it only went on one way but will have to check that

F1Aussie
Level 11
Got it sorted, strange though, I tried and tried two different headers and could not easily press the connector all the way in but when i tried it out today to check I oriented it correctly it went on no probs, don't know why but not complaining now.