cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 670 4GB SLI or GTX Titan

Walkan
Level 7
Hi guyz I have a ASUS Nvidia GTX 670 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5 and I'm thinking about upgrade my PC with another 670 or getting the powerfull GTX Titan. Everybody told me that if I make a SLI it's not going to be double graphic power but if I take the other 670 I can save around 500€ maybe for make a upgrade of 16 gb of RAM or something like that.
These are the specs of my PC:

CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 in Gunmetal Grey
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus V GENE
CPU: Intel i7 Socket 1155 3770K
CPU Heatsink: ThermalTake SpinQ VT
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Modular
RAM: 16 (2x8) GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Beast 2113Mhz
Graphics: ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5
Case coolers:
- 2 x 120 mm NZXT FN Non LED
- 3 x 120 mm NZXT FZ Red LED
- 2 x 140 mm NZXT FZ Red LED
Storage:
- 2 x OCZ SSD Vector SATA3 2.5" 128 GB (Raid 0) - OS and main games
- 2 x OCZ SSD Agility 3 SATA3 2.5" 64 GB (Raid 0) - Usual games
- 1 x WD Black 1 TB SATA3 3.5" - Other stuff

This build is just for gaming and I'm getting good results with my 670 but I want to get more FPS.

What do you think? Should I get the 670 and some RAM memory or just go to the Titan.
18,714 Views
22 REPLIES 22

kkn
Level 14
becouse mixing 2 kits of ram even how similar they seem, you will have problem to make them work together.
the best is to do 1 kit of ram since they ahve been tested to work together and not giving you troubble.
and 16gig is more then enough realy, i have it and ive never used more then 6gig on MAX usage.

Zebeyo
Level 10
I know it's off topic but how do you like the SpinQ VT? I have one sitting in its box just waiting for the Maximus VI Impact to be released, but I'm curious to hear peoples experiences with the cooler since it got mixed reviews. I just had to have that look on the heatsink...

Walkan
Level 7
I saw it looking for cpu heatsinks in PC components webpages and saw it. I read some reviews but mainly to see more pics. When I unboxed it I though it was too big (the size of a fist maybe little bit more). It fits just in the place between the ram and the socket.
When you put on for the first time and see how its glow you will be amazed. If you want a critic about it, maybe the cable that connects to the MB is very uncomfortable. I've seen a guide to hide it over the fan. You can adjust the intensity with the screw thread and at the maximum makes some noise.
I'm getting around 39º in normal use and between 44º and 48º (I've to confirm this) playing BF3, Simcity or SC2.
To be honest i'm thinking about buying a Corsair Hydro Series H110. 😄 If you want more info just PM me.

you should obviously sli your 670 for sure, I strongly feel that will outperform a titan if not be equal. 670s are great cards and 2 of them are a force to be reckoned with! 1 titan is not cost effective and will be much more expensive. Double your gaming horsepower for $350 with another 670 and call it a day!
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

Masterbobo wrote:
you should obviously sli your 670 for sure, I strongly feel that will outperform a titan if not be equal. 670s are great cards and 2 of them are a force to be reckoned with! 1 titan is not cost effective and will be much more expensive. Double your gaming horsepower for $350 with another 670 and call it a day!


And what about 2 Titan cards :cool::p:D
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel i7-3930K
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX Titan Windforce
Patriot Viper 32GB[4x 8GB] 2133MHz
H100i
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2x
Western Digital Black Caviar 2TB 7200rpm
Corsair AX1200
Cooler Master HAF X

Arabicuser wrote:
And what about 2 Titan cards :cool::p:D


It goes out of budget hahaha!

Masterbobo wrote:
you should obviously sli your 670 for sure, I strongly feel that will outperform a titan if not be equal.


Are you sure about this ^^^, Masterbobo? The Titans are real beasts, so powerful that haven't meet yet before...

If you have the budget for one, definitely get a Titan! When you use 2x GTX670s, the performance won't be double of one... but they will consume a lot juice and will produce a lot of heat...

Zka17 wrote:
Are you sure about this ^^^, Masterbobo? The Titans are real beasts, so powerful that haven't meet yet before...

If you have the budget for one, definitely get a Titan! When you use 2x GTX670s, the performance won't be double of one... but they will consume a lot juice and will produce a lot of heat...


not SURE lol but im pretty sure it'll be up there. I was doubtful about my tri-sli but to my surprise they keep up with 680s and 770 easily even outperform them give or take. There hasn't been that many bench-offs but 2 way sli scales VERY well, almost double I would say 80%-ish? give or take. 3-way sli gets trickier, you need LOOOOTS of cpu horsepower to not bottleneck 3-ways hence why im running older gen cards with a newer gen cpu so I don't think I have much of a bottle neck on my system, I hope lol
Rampage IV Extreme
55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
19" NEC side monitor
4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
Silent Pro GOLD 1200
3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
Sound Blaster Zx
Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
Razor Deathadder mouse
Corsair 600t
Win7-64bit

Walkan wrote:
I saw it looking for cpu heatsinks in PC components webpages and saw it. I read some reviews but mainly to see more pics. When I unboxed it I though it was too big (the size of a fist maybe little bit more). It fits just in the place between the ram and the socket.
When you put on for the first time and see how its glow you will be amazed. If you want a critic about it, maybe the cable that connects to the MB is very uncomfortable. I've seen a guide to hide it over the fan. You can adjust the intensity with the screw thread and at the maximum makes some noise.
I'm getting around 39º in normal use and between 44º and 48º (I've to confirm this) playing BF3, Simcity or SC2.
To be honest i'm thinking about buying a Corsair Hydro Series H110. 😄 If you want more info just PM me.


Thanks a lot - Yeah it was bigger than i thought when first unboxing it. Just nice to hear some user comments rather than the regular reviewers. An AOI solution is not for me because i need the turbulence of a fan to cool the Mobo due to the way the my case is constructed. Anyway thanks - was helpful 🙂

kkn
Level 14
would get a 780 before a titan since its only 10% diffrence in performance.
but since this tread is "old" i guess you have bought a card now.
and since you stated your only gona use 1 monitor you dont need that mutch ram on the card.