cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 670 4GB SLI or GTX Titan

Walkan
Level 7
Hi guyz I have a ASUS Nvidia GTX 670 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5 and I'm thinking about upgrade my PC with another 670 or getting the powerfull GTX Titan. Everybody told me that if I make a SLI it's not going to be double graphic power but if I take the other 670 I can save around 500€ maybe for make a upgrade of 16 gb of RAM or something like that.
These are the specs of my PC:

CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 in Gunmetal Grey
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus V GENE
CPU: Intel i7 Socket 1155 3770K
CPU Heatsink: ThermalTake SpinQ VT
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Modular
RAM: 16 (2x8) GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Beast 2113Mhz
Graphics: ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5
Case coolers:
- 2 x 120 mm NZXT FN Non LED
- 3 x 120 mm NZXT FZ Red LED
- 2 x 140 mm NZXT FZ Red LED
Storage:
- 2 x OCZ SSD Vector SATA3 2.5" 128 GB (Raid 0) - OS and main games
- 2 x OCZ SSD Agility 3 SATA3 2.5" 64 GB (Raid 0) - Usual games
- 1 x WD Black 1 TB SATA3 3.5" - Other stuff

This build is just for gaming and I'm getting good results with my 670 but I want to get more FPS.

What do you think? Should I get the 670 and some RAM memory or just go to the Titan.
22 REPLIES 22

kkn
Level 14
are you after multi monitor setup or just 1??
or are you just after the power of the graphics?

kkn
are you after multi monitor setup or just 1??
or are you just after the power of the graphics?

I'm using just one monitor and I think I am going to stay with that for a long time.

Chino
At what resolution do you game at?

I play at 1920x1080

Arne Saknussemm
SLI does scale pretty well these days once profiles for games are released and drivers updated. Not quite double but not that far off either. Having said that 670 SLI is not going to be much farther in front than the Titan....you can get an idea here of 680 SLI vs Titan and you can compare the 670 to 680.... http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/764?vs=766

And single card is always better and the Titan is the latest tech...but if the price is a factor I'm sure 670 SLI will be sweet and will perform...you have the 4GB version...you will need to pair it with another 4GB card and with that ammount of Vram you can forget memory problems even for pretty hefty resolutions....

Yup the 680 SLI is as good as a TITAN. I think I'm goona take the second GTX 670 4GB. Now the question is: Will I have enough power for the SLI with the 1000W PSU?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
SLI does scale pretty well these days once profiles for games are released and drivers updated. Not quite double but not that far off either. Having said that 670 SLI is not going to be much farther in front than the Titan....you can get an idea here of 680 SLI vs Titan and you can compare the 670 to 680.... http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/764?vs=766

And single card is always better and the Titan is the latest tech...but if the price is a factor I'm sure 670 SLI will be sweet and will perform...you have the 4GB version...you will need to pair it with another 4GB card and with that ammount of Vram you can forget memory problems even for pretty hefty resolutions....

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes more than enough...850 would be enough even for OCing....so with 1000w you are comfortably well within spec...

Walkan
Level 7
What about the RAM. Should I get another 16gb to the max out 32gb of my PC? (2113Mhz) Will I get any difference?
And at last but not least, what kind of OC can I get with my 7 fan coolers? I dont want to make a heavy OC, just to obtain some improvements in Windows Experience Index Assessment.

Thanks you for all guys 🙂

kkn
Level 14
if you want 32gig of mem, i would suggest to get 1 kit of ram, and not mix 2 kits.
16 is more then enough in my opinion.
the OC is up to the CPU and the cooling ability of the cpu cooler.
for gaming around 4.4ghz is a good spot realy.

kkn
if you want 32gig of mem, i would suggest to get 1 kit of ram, and not mix 2 kits.
16 is more then enough in my opinion.

I have one kit of 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2133Mhz. Why have to take the kit of 32GB instead of taking another same kit of that memory I have?

kkn
the OC is up to the CPU and the cooling ability of the cpu cooler.
for gaming around 4.4ghz is a good spot realy.

Thanks I'll try with 4.4ghz and see how it works

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Kits of RAM are made up of chips that are binned to run together well. If you add a second kit, even though it is same make and model the chips are not binned to work with the first kit only within the second kit and maybe you get lucky but often you don't and problems appear...

It is always best to run a single kit of whatever size you decide you want/need. For gaming 16GB is way more than enough...