cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT/GU/GV/GW difference?

Electrode
Level 7
Good morning! I would like to know what difference can I expect between GTxxx / GUxxx / GVxxx / GWxxx in notebook variants? I can see it is changing with price even if the design is same - is there any hidden quality difference between them? I mean e.g. different cooling system, different fans or bearings? Or maybe another one?

Thank you very much.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I'm not sure if ASUS has produced a guide but really you just want to look at the specs. Personally I would try to find the best GPU for your budget if you will be gaming. Most modern CPUs will be able to keep up with games but a GPU stuffed into a mobile chassis can be a limitation. Then look for other niceties you can afford. If you want to save a few bucks up front you can generally upgrade your storage later.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Electrode
Level 7
Thank you for your reply. Actually I am interested in another thing. I can understand the specs pretty well. There are different configuration of laptops, e.g. I can see there are products G731GV-EV024T and G731GW-EV024T when the GV has RTX2060 and GW has RTX2070. Other components are same or almost same. And I am interested if the mark "GV" shows only the model with different graphic chip from "GW" or if there is some inner difference, for example in the cooling build etc.? The question can be "Has GW more efficient/powerful/better cooling system than GV?"

Electrode wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Actually I am interested in another thing. I can understand the specs pretty well. There are different configuration of laptops, e.g. I can see there are products G731GV-EV024T and G731GW-EV024T when the GV has RTX2060 and GW has RTX2070. Other components are same or almost same. And I am interested if the mark "GV" shows only the model with different graphic chip from "GW" or if there is some inner difference, for example in the cooling build etc.? The question can be "Has GW more efficient/powerful/better cooling system than GV?"

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT G SERIES BUT I OWN GL704GW (i7 8750H, RTX 2070 (not max Q, full fat 115W model) 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD)
its overheating to much...trust me dont buy it (cpu goes up to 100 celsius and gpu is fine (max 85 after repasting) need to say that ASUS did insane good job with gpu cuz they putted full fat 115W rtx 2070 not max Q - results are gpu core clock up to 1900mhz, yeah you saw it right - 1900 mhz...insane speeds but cpu is problem... I repasted, recleaned laptop from inside, undervolted cpu for -100 mVolts and still no diffirence i dont know why... Btw before repasting my gpu didnt go above 800 900mhz due to overheating... but after repasting gpu is going up to 85 never above 90 and clocks are insane - 1900 mhz. Also, SELF CLEANING FANS are just marketing trick... Check pictures attached to check how many dust is there after only 5 months of usage...

Check those pictures after repasting...

Huge improvments are noticable on GPU speed and MEMORY clocks... before gpu was under 1000mhz now reaching almost 1950-2000mhz, thats insane for laptop gpu.

FIRST PICTURE IS BEFORE TWEAKING, REPASTING AND SECOND PICTURE IS AFTER IT...

Pictures from HW MONITOR down below are monitored and saved after hardcore gaming (i played for 3-4 hours non stop)