cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gskill ddr464gb 4 sticks 3600mhz and rog crosshair VIII formula problems

Darthpibe
Level 7
Hi, I bought a package of G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz Memory Module and my pc got instability issues sometimes with AMD Ryzen 9 5950x when I put the ram on 3600mhz, how can I fix this?, my motherboard is Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Formula, I bought this ram because they are on Asus QVL list

Pc specs:
Mainboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Formula
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Ram: G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz Memory Module
Video card: MSI Ventus RTX 3090
Water Cooling: Rog Ryujin 360
Power supply: Seasonic 1300w platinum
Case: Lian Li Razer
8 REPLIES 8

D_BRASCO
Level 8
I had to raise my DRAM voltage to 1.36 from 1.35 to run 64G 4x16 and stabilize my Dark Hero. I'm on Bios 3204

D_BRASCO wrote:
I had to raise my DRAM voltage to 1.36 from 1.35 to run 64G 4x16 and stabilize my Dark Hero. I'm on Bios 3204

Thanks, ill try that

D_BRASCO wrote:

Hey!, this fixed the problem so far, thanks!

Darthpibe wrote:
Hey!, this fixed the problem so far, thanks!

Hi @Darthpibe, what you mean by instability issues? Post issues? Instability in windows under hard workloads, gaming? I have the exact same memory model and the dark hero. In my case everything worked perfect under load with the XMP activated but with XMP when PC is on idle at night it freezes and the MB led is on DRAM(Yellow) with 00 code. The only solution is to use the power switch from the PSU in order to boot again.

I've tried the to set the voltage to 1.36 and it seams that is working. What I've also found is that disabling the "Power Down mode" in BIOS DRAM Timings settings also make the PC stable on idle wit v1.35.

For me this raises two questions. Is the motherboard faulty and unable to undervolt properly the RAM on idle? Do we just have bad binned memory?

BTW, do you have AI Suite installed? My BIOS version is also 3204

Thanks

The problem with my DH was in the Bios/HWINFO you could see the motherboard was already under volting the DRAM to like 1.34v with DOCP enabled. DOCP is supposed to be 1.35v at 3600mhz for my GSkill modules. After raising the voltage to 1.36v my DRAM voltage in Bios/HWINFO now reads 1.35-1.36v and stabilized the system from random crashes.

Hmm, strange I was also looking voltages into HWInfo all this time and it always showed 1.352. And an hour ago somehow it registered 1.344. Even with 2s scraping rate.

The thing is that once disabled manually the "Power Down mode" the system is no longer crashing. Btw when your system crashed can you seed the DRAM led with static yellow color and the q-code 00?? Mine seams it's resting the PC attempt to POST and then freezes with that code. But I cannot confirm it 100% becaouse as I told it only crashed at night on idle while I'm sleeping.. And I don't wanna turn on HWInfo logging because it will probably prevent the RAM undervolting because of the scraping.

I don't remember what the LED status was when the crashes happened, sorry. Since adjusting DRAM voltage my 64G of ram no longer crashes the system randomly. I also use sleep and have no issue waking back to the desktop.

D_BRASCO wrote:
I don't remember what the LED status was when the crashes happened, sorry. Since adjusting DRAM voltage my 64G of ram no longer crashes the system randomly. I also use sleep and have no issue waking back to the desktop.

OK, thanks. I can confirm that in my case setting the voltage to 1.36 works and also disabling the "Power Down mode" with 1.35 seams to be fine at least the last 24h(no issues).