I've managed to fix the issue myself, no thanks to tech support. I'm not even sure if there is a TS department at this stage.
Hopefully the following will help someone else (my mobo is a Ranger VII - Bios 3003):
- Install GPU Tweak 184.108.40.206
- Install Sonic Suite 7904
- Install ROG Connect 1.00.32
- Install AI Suite 3 1.01.02 (a module error appears after install, ignore it)
- Install Front Base 1.01.06
- Install AI Suite 3 1.01.61 (this will get rid of the module error)
- Install Front Base 1.01.17
The Front Base now functions 100% with the CPU frequency back up and running. To the two TS agents that said my Front Base was faulty, you haven't a clue or weren't bothered to look into this as it's quite clear now that "it is" a software/driver issue!