cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU issue

vampireor
Level 7
Hello , I recently bought the *“ Sapphire vega 56 pulse “ 8GB GPU , and i have the “ ASUS PRIME H270 “ motherboard* , So i gave my PC to the near PC shop , and he said that it goes inside but doesnt fit well , it will cause issues ,, Will it tho ? Is it not compatible or something ? Can someone check please ? , and if it do , can u give me a good Motherboard that fits with it and can handle the new ryzen CPU’s that will come out soon // and another cheap one ( doesnt need to fit with the ryzen 3rd gen , but fits with my card ) ,

Thanks !*
26 REPLIES 26

PCPartPicker just said this :-

The Thermaltake - Core P3 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 450mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card is 282mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

but since my fans are not blocking it im fine right?
Or does my Case doesn’t support it at all?

In the attachment below im using my old card GTX 960 , Thermaltake core P3 case , so the case doesnt support the GPU at any means , but cant i make a DIy or something with drilling i can make it work till i get a new case ?, something like vertical GPU?

vampireor
Level 7
Hello , I recently made a Post abt this but im gonna delete the old one a do a new detailed one so here we go

*I recently bought a “ Sapphire vega 56 pulse 8GB “ its quite big ,

*and i already have the “Asus H270 Prime” Motherboard,,

*and i have the “ Thermaltake core P3 case “ as shown in the attachment *of my case

*so when i was putting the build on “ PCPartPicker.com “ i clicked the wrong case and it was all compatible SMH...*
so i ran and bought that GPU but when i went to my close PC dealer shop he tried to put it together but the PC bracket that holds the GPU seems small and blocking it , I remember removing it and i thing the motherboard was taking it but we couldnt screw the full bracket metal piece back since it was too small for my GPU to fit in it , but i dont know why my Dealer said that i need to buy a newer Motherboard? From Z sieres ? Althought i thought my PC fans will block it but it was close into blocking it ,

*PCPartPicker just said this :-

*The Thermaltake - Core P3 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 450mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card is 282mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

But since my fans are not blocking it im fine right? Or does my Case doesn’t support it at all? In the attachment below im using my old card GTX 960 , Thermaltake core P3 case , so the case doesnt support the GPU at any means ?? , but cant i make a DIy or something with drilling i can make it work till i get a new case ?, something like vertical GPU? Or i can tell my dealer to work it out , try drilling the metal brackets thingy so it can fit or do whatever , can i ?

And i shouldn’t upgrade my motherboard shall i!?

A motherboard change shouldn't be necessary since the clearance issue is with the case.

That said, it's not clear from your description where the clearance issue lies. You talk about brackets being small but PCI-E brackets are industry standard. The clearance issue mentioned is with the overall length and refers to clearance toward the front of the case. The slot alignment and bracket size are standard and exactly the same as a smaller card.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

So what sahll i do , btw i mean brackets shield

Well, I still don't understand the problem. I know you have the old card installed right now. Any way you could take a picture of the new card installed with the part that is conflicting or causing you problems? A picture is worth 1000 words as they say. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist, I think he's saying the mounting bracket on the gpu doesn't line up with the case's mounting holes . See his other (GPU) thread in this same H & BA forum. If that's the problem it would be easier to mod the bracket than the case. He still hasn't answered the "which case" question I asked in the other thread.

Heini wrote:
xeromist, I think he's saying the mounting bracket on the gpu doesn't line up with the case's mounting holes .

That doesn't make sense when ATX cases are all based on the same standards. Right now we're left speculating whether one of the components has a defect or whether things were assembled incorrectly. Without a close up picture of the problem it's hard to provide useful advice.

Also, this is a perfect example of why it's a bad idea to start multiple threads. OP is jumping around between 3 different threads so a lot of context and background is lost.

Heini wrote:
xeromist, I think he's saying the mounting bracket on the gpu doesn't line up with the case's mounting holes . See his other (GPU) thread in this same H & BA forum. If that's the problem it would be easier to mod the bracket than the case. He still hasn't answered the "which case" question I asked in the other thread.

Im buying a new case H500i from NZXT is it compatible?*
MOBO :- H270 Prime from asus
Sapphire vega 56 pulse 8gb*

panzlock
Level 12
Where exactly is the problem according to that "expert"?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Where exactly is the problem according to that "expert"?

well the " expert " told me to change MOBO , but i totally see that the GPU is too big for the case the brackets shield is small for it i'll record a vid while im trying to put it all toghther , although im thinking on buying a H500/H500i from NZXT