cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU doesn’t fit

vampireor
Level 7
Hello & Welcome 🌚❤️

Im running into a small issue and need some advice , and whats better than to come here ,, so first of all lets take a look at my specs that i already have under my desk*

*CPU: i3-7100 3.9 GHz
*Ram: Random 8Gb stick ram
*CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED Turbo (Red) 66.3
*PSU: Delco 600W (Total Max)
*GPU: GTX Msi 960 2Gb
*Motherboard: Asus Prime H270
*Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB ( Three Fans )
*Case: Thermal Take core P3*

So here’s the thing , I’m upgrading to ( Sapphire vega 56 pulse 8Gb ) and that GPU requires a big case and my case is big enought but the middle fan of the three corsair fans is blocking it ( im not sure if only 1 of them is blocking there might be the last one also blocking not quite sure ) so i thought , instead of buying the ( CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ) case , i save those extra bucks and upgrade my CPU since there is the Ryzen comptex thingy coming and my CPU is not good with that GPU , or i upgrade my rams to 2*8 instead of this crappy ram , or i buy my self a semi modular PSU better than this one?, or i upgrade my motherboard , Soo can anyone manage to know if i remove the middle fan would the GPU fit ( if i can even remove it and its not attached to each others ),, or shall i get a new case ? ,, and what shall i upgrade instead of the case and can u tell me which part and whats the new part?*
A picture is attached so u can know what im saying about the fans 🙂 . M

I'm from the UAE , Speceficly Abu Dhabi ,, you can use a website called " NewEgg" I have kinda flexible budget , and the build is for gaming mainly
Thanks! 🙏🏻*

Best regards!
~Omar*
33 REPLIES 33

Alright ,, shall i do what u said above or shall i switch to intel ?

And about my case fans i will just disattach them all

And for the CPU cooler , since im buying a good cpu shall i buy the “noctune or whatever its called ,, ( the grey and brown cooler ) so i can overclock it easily or my cooler is good for now*

vampireor wrote:
And about my case fans i will just disattach them all

And for the CPU cooler , since im buying a good cpu shall i buy the “noctune or whatever its called ,, ( the grey and brown cooler ) so i can overclock it easily or my cooler is good for now*

If you intend to OC, then you should go with water cooling. I would reccomend the EK aio kit best, because you can learn to do your own custom loops and hopefully eventually expand. But if you want something easier stick to NZXT, Corsair, Thermaltake or CoolerMaster.

Your case is built for liquid cooling anyway.

S4lticid wrote:
If you intend to OC, then you should go with water cooling. I would reccomend the EK aio kit best, because you can learn to do your own custom loops and hopefully eventually expand. But if you want something easier stick to NZXT, Corsair, Thermaltake or CoolerMaster.

Your case is built for liquid cooling anyway.

Yeah , NZXT Kraken maybe ? ( which model shall i get you can use “ newegg’s website )
* And hold on , i know that my case is build for Liquid cooling , but isnt a water cooler good also 😅?*

vampireor wrote:
Yeah , NZXT Kraken maybe ? ( which model shall i get you can use “ newegg’s website )
* And hold on , i know that my case is build for Liquid cooling , but isnt a water cooler good also ��?*

NZXT Kraken is an excellent AIO. One of the best. Highly recommended.
However there is very little difference between the various major brands, so pick one you like the look of and which fits your build and case - make sure you pay attention to the length of the hoses relative to the size of your case. Even the ASUS ROG one is good, but it's also quite complex for an AIO because it combines a VRM/Mosfet fan on the pump.

"Liquid Cooling" and "Water Cooling" are terms often used interchangeably. Most systems include water to some degree and water itself is one of the best coolants and one of the first used in early liquid cooling days. That said you can't just use tap water so most people today buy pre-mixes and AIOs use mixes proprietary to the company that makes them.

The really important thing with AIOs is 'Don't Cheap Out' and go with a less well known brand that may not be as well known, tested or reviewed because it could save you $20. You're putting liquid near your expensive electric components and relying on it to keep them cool. If there's a leak or the loop fails because of poor manufacture, the consequences are not nice.

But when done right, the rewards are great and outweigh any risk presented when using a good AIO or parts.

Alright.

I have a small problem i just ran into , i didn’t start my pc for like 4 days now been outside the city and had the electricity of my pc turned off , i just turned it on and its soo laggy / slow , i have a driver update from nvidia that im doing rn is it because i didnt have my driver up to date??
That’s wierd ?, or is it that my CPU is getting older ? , or is it a normal issue and will be fixed by itself ?*

vampireor wrote:
Alright.

I have a small problem i just ran into , i didn’t start my pc for like 4 days now been outside the city and had the electricity of my pc turned off , i just turned it on and its soo laggy / slow , i have a driver update from nvidia that im doing rn is it because i didnt have my driver up to date??
That’s wierd ?, or is it that my CPU is getting older ? , or is it a normal issue and will be fixed by itself ?*

Hmm. It seems slower than you're used to, you mean? Or slower in comparison to something else?

What exactly is slower? Booting? Login? Loading any programs? Downloads? Surfing?

A GPU driver wouldn't cause that. Depending on where you're seeing the issue specifically that would define where the issue is. Like slower download and browsing could be your internet connection. Slow install and load could indicate your hard drive. It could be malware. Bloat on your operating system at startup...

It could be that it's been a few days and you're just noticing how slow it appears again because you've been away from it for a while too. Either way, we would need more specifics to start to make guesses.

Okay I’ll restart my pc and test it all.

Never mind, it seemed that my pc didn't heat well CZ it's been a lot of time off

So now I wanna ask another question: x, I'm sorry if I'm giving a lot of questions but meh, a noob learning from pro's ^.^

So whenever I go to " pc-builds.com " and then head to bottleneck checker I get 6% bottleneck so that's very good, but whenever I go into a game like overwatch on my pc I get 90% GPU and 60-70-80% on CPU is that normal?

Edit:- I mean my current build "Gtx MSI 960 2gb " / " I3-7100 "

and one more thing I can't find the new GPU that I want to buy in a few day's in the bottleneck checker tab ? can you tell me where can I find it or what is the same as it? I only find my gtx 960

vampireor wrote:
Never mind, it seemed that my pc didn't heat well CZ it's been a lot of time off

So now I wanna ask another question: x, I'm sorry if I'm giving a lot of questions but meh, a noob learning from pro's ^.^

So whenever I go to " pc-builds.com " and then head to bottleneck checker I get 6% bottleneck so that's very good, but whenever I go into a game like overwatch on my pc I get 90% GPU and 60-70-80% on CPU is that normal?

Edit:- I mean my current build "Gtx MSI 960 2gb " / " I3-7100 "

and one more thing I can't find the new GPU that I want to buy in a few day's in the bottleneck checker tab ? can you tell me where can I find it or what is the same as it? I only find my gtx 960

This is normal. You'd be able to tell whether your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU when the CPU numbers are high (more than 90%) whilst your GPU usage is low. That's what you should expect with your Vega card.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.