cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming rig setup.

HaniefZach
Level 7
hello there, just want to share something and need some opinion on my recent build.

Mobo: Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX 6350
Cooling system: Cooler MAster V4 air cooling
RAM: 8GB (4GBX2) Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600mhz
GPU: ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB DDR5
PSU: Cooler Master GXII 650w 80+ Bronze certified
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced.

how about this setup? is it okay?
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
looks good, but personaly i would have gotten a larger PSU my self.
750W gold rated.
but if cash is limited i guess that PSU will work. ( no guarantee from my side )

Actually i build this on a limited budget. maybe for next upgrade i'll look into it. but up untill now it works fine. finished playing bf4 campaign on ultra with no OC.

btw, is there any chance that psu can cause some kind of horizontal line interference on the screen? it starts when i first run this rig with GTX 650 ti. when i switch to this new gpu it still there. got any ideas why?

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

kkn
Level 14
try and switch out the cable and see if that works, and make shure the plugs are 100% secure on GPU and monitor.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Check your cable and maybe have someone bring a notebook or laptop round and see if your monitor is the cause of that line.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Already switch the cables ( power & vga ) yet the line is still there. All the cables have been plugged in tight and secure. Ive tested with my friend's monitor, it work just fine. Ive watched a video on youtube and some of them reccomend to switch the vga-dvi adapter to vga-hdmi converter. But not yet tried.

kkn
Level 14
dvi-hdmi adapter.
vga is the old connector type.

try what hiviz said and see if its the same happens then.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you tested with a friends monitor and it works just fine then it is not your hardware but the connectors/adaptors or the screen itself.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.