cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Display XG32VQR, XG35VQ or others?

FireFoxEnergy
Level 7
Hi All,

After finally completing my PC build, I now need to buy a new screen within a couple of months to give it justice and replace the current old samsung PX2370 (hoping in some black friday/tech monday discount).

I am not an expert in this field, so I hope you can put me in the right direction.

I am looking for a gaming monitor for single player mainly (not a multiplayer fun).....I decided to go for a2k monitor instead of 4k (fps over resolution).

This is my short list so far:

XG32VQR: 32", Free-sync 2 HDR, 144Hz 2560x1440 (my current choice)

XG35VQ: 35", FreeSync/Adaptive Sync, 100Hz 3440x1440

XG49VQ: 49" , Free-sync 2 HDR, 144Hz 3840x1080

or extreme alternative:

PG349Q: 34", G-Sync , 120Hz 3440x1440 IPS

which one should i get?

in terms of prices I would definetely prefer the first 2.

1) I am tempted to go with the XG32VQR because it has also the HDR and the new free-sync 2.

2) The XG35VQ is 21:9 3440x1440 which is what I wanted for a better gaming immersion, but no HDR/new free-sync...

I onestly wished for a mix of the two, the charatteristic from the XG32 but the 21:9 ratio from the XG35....do you know if ASUS is planning to release an "updated" version of the XG35 in the short term?

3) XG49VQ: i like the fact that is ultra wide and has the same characteristic of the first one...but i am not convinced about this nonstandard ratio 32:9, and the general size...too big).

The PG349Q is IPS, but is it much better than the others under other aspects? still no HDR, but has the G-sync.

My configuration:
CPU: i9-9000k
VGA: ROG 1080GTX Ti OC edition
MOBO: ROG Z-390 E Gaming
RAM: 32GB

Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

RedSector73
Level 12
(1) IPS is way better than LED for viewing angles / sunlight / saving your eyes from hurting / everything that matters.
(2) You have Gsync hardware and while yes your video card will work with *freesync (*on nvidia approved models) it was not specifically design too (one could say pressure forced them to allow it , its use).
(3) I have Asus ROG Swift PG348Q which was recently retired (by ASUS) for the PG349Q - https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG349Q/ Generally speaking and without any *bias for gaming and everything these monitors are ammmmm addictively awesome. (*cough cough dam fur-balls!)

Ultra Wide 1440p is completely unfair on your enemies and way better than anything 4k I have seen. (well 65inch Oled might be better but the cost is out of this world as well)

You will be like the eye of sauron of whatever gaming world you play.

Anyway that is my 2 cents

Hope you find this of help.

RedSector73 wrote:
(1) IPS is way better than LED for viewing angles / sunlight / saving your eyes from hurting / everything that matters.
(2) You have Gsync hardware and while yes your video card will work with *freesync (*on nvidia approved models) it was not specifically design too (one could say pressure forced them to allow it , its use).
(3) I have Asus ROG Swift PG348Q which was recently retired (by ASUS) for the PG349Q - https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG349Q/ Generally speaking and without any *bias for gaming and everything these monitors are ammmmm addictively awesome. (*cough cough dam fur-balls!)

Ultra Wide 1440p is completely unfair on your enemies and way better than anything 4k I have seen. (well 65inch Oled might be better but the cost is out of this world as well)

You will be like the eye of sauron of whatever gaming world you play.

Anyway that is my 2 cents

Hope you find this of help.

thank you for your reply. I will keep this in mind.

Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between the SWIFT series and the STRIX? or PG and XG?

FireFoxEnergy wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between the SWIFT series and the STRIX? or PG and XG?

PG w/ ROG Branding = Premium Top Level (Swift appear high refresh, high response or another top level within this level)
XG = Strix = Branding = Premium 2nd level (some will argue there own level or an equal, not against that either)
ROG Swift appear to mostly now carry VESA certification DisplayHDR 1000 as well as my other comments.
Asus unbranded = 3rd level.

Not confusing at all !