cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming and Video Editing Build 2018

NicktheMessiah1
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I am trying to build a gaming, streaming, and video editing battle station :cool:
First off budget is $5000 I was shipping my computer back for repair, and UPS completely destroyed it and has issued me a check for the cost of the unit. So now I want to build my own.
I am currently on the Samsung CHG90 Monitor, and dont need a new mouse or keyboard. So all budget can go to the PC
I am just looking for advice and tips as this will be my first build I do myself heres what I have so far.
CPU: Intel Core I9 7940x 14 Core
GPU: Either waiting for the new 1180 or a Titan XP collectors Edition Card
MotherBoard: Need advice here what is the best board I can get, I like RGB but performance is the main focus. There have been many new boards and I just need some guidance as to which is the way to go.
Ram: 64 GB G Skill Trident Z RGB 8X8 or the 4X8 whichever gives better performance
Cooling: Nzxt Kraken x72, HI150, or a custom water Loop that I build myself, whatever is recommended
Power Supply: EVGA 1000-1200 watts
This is just the bare necessities, theres other things I would love to add and I want suggestions for a crazy build. Let me know what you guys think, and what your opinions are 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

reiddan
Level 7

Building your own gaming, streaming, and video editing battle station sounds like an awesome project.

gnezdavrukavah
Level 7

With a $5000 budget, you've got plenty of room to create something incredible. The components you've listed so far are solid choices. For the motherboard, you might want to consider options like ASUS ROG Maximus or MSI MEG series for both performance and RGB goodness. As for RAM, the 8x8 configuration should give you better performance. Cooling-wise, the NZXT Kraken x72 is a popular choice, but if you're up for a challenge, a custom water loop could be really cool (literally!). Make sure to check out PC building communities for expert advice and recommendations tailored to your specific needs. Oh, and during my online browsing, I came across this neat tool that allows you to add audio to video. It could be handy for your video editing endeavors.