cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Meter

haroldw
Level 7
I will be buying an ROG Maximus IX Formula as soon as they are released to the market. Would like to use the onboard temp and flow monitoring software instead of separate Aquaero hardware & Aquasuite. What flow meter (brand & details) will be compatible? Is any adapter hardware needed to get correct readings on flow?
17 REPLIES 17

kkn
Level 14
since its just released, no one knows.
only way is to test and see.

Hi, I am wondering the same thing still. Picking up my board tomorrow and already have Aquacomputer flow meters/temp sensors. Hope to be able to use them. (Though there doesnt appear to be a calibration / scaling option in the BIOS?)

Any results?

kkn
Level 14

One result is this: the ASUS board outputs 12V not 5V on the wflow sensor input port, I was not aware. Wired that also to my Aquastream input to share flow sensor data, fried Aquastream controller. (I tried with resistors earlier but the board was not reading any data from Aquacomputer high flow sensor)

So yeah, beware, be sure your flow sensor is compatible with 12V in, also I am surprised this is not a bloody standard, why is ASUS on 12V and Aquacomputer on 5V for f***s sake. 😉 I am also very disappointed ASUS did not label the pinout VOLTAGES and CURRENTS in the manual. Imagine if all their part suppliers did the same (for IC's etc).

JustinThyme
Level 13
Personally I still prefer the Aquasuite. It's consistently proven to perform better at fan and pump control over the MOBO controls and can do something the MOBO can't, control PWM pumps without power to the MOBO for filling and leak testing. I like the ability for alarms and customized desktop display for however you want to build it that can't be done with the MOBO and you couldn't pay me to ever install ASUS AI Suite ever again!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

So basically no one knows for sure which flow meter or temp sensors work on this board?

Klute_Onren wrote:
So basically no one knows for sure which flow meter or temp sensors work on this board?

Temp sensors: the aquacomputer temp sensors work well. That's all I know for sure.

The AC high flow sensor works but the input value would need to be scaled, and bios has no scaling. So it would need to be scaled/calibrated in some software.

But yes, ASUS should up their game: release specifications for temp and flow sensors for them to work, and improve BIOS with scaling/biasing features. (a compatibility list wouldn't hurt either)

bn880 wrote:
Temp sensors: the aquacomputer temp sensors work well. That's all I know for sure.

The AC high flow sensor works but the input value would need to be scaled, and bios has no scaling. So it would need to be scaled/calibrated in some software.

But yes, ASUS should up their game: release specifications for temp and flow sensors for them to work, and improve BIOS with scaling/biasing features. (a compatibility list wouldn't hurt either)

I can also confirm that the AC Flow sensor high flow USB does indeed work. However the values are way off when read from AI Suite. For example with aquasuite reporting 0.8 gpm (3 l/m, 180 l/h) it shows as 132 L/M.

There seems to be no way to change that value in AI Suite, and as mentioned, nothing can be done in BIOS either. Interestingly 0.8 gpm is 0.0133 gps, so maybe it is reading it in gps x 1000? (unlikely)
Not using PWM pump so can't change speed easily to check the variance in flow rates.

Also I have a couple of inline water temp sensors and standard probes that are all 10k sensors and they work perfectly.

Edit: Forget what I said about it's reading, just adjusted my pump and it still shows exactly 132 L/M in ai suite, no change whatsoever.