cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Build Problems.....

Psykotikz
Level 7
Hi, i am Psykotikz.

I am relatively new to the building scene, i am currently on a games design course which requires a hind end pc to efficiently run
the software required on the course.

The software i am using is listed below;

Unreal engine 4
3Ds Max
Mudbox

These are the specs of my PC;
Maximus VI Formula
Intel i7 4790k 4.00Ghz CPU
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1666 Mhz) x 2
GTX 760 Striker P 4Gb GPU
Corsair CX 750 PSU
Windows 7 Professional

Initially when i built this machine i ran windows 8 which was deadlocking my pc and making me have to restart the entire machine within minutes of booting, i then installed windows 7 which runs smoothly, no probelms with general windows or software, the only problem im having now is when i am using unreal engine 4, when im in the middle of something the screen will simply freeze, no blue screens occur yet i cannot move the mouse or anything, i assume its deadlocking because i cannot activate caps lock.

I do not know what could be the problem, as i have done some research i still cannot determine whether it is my GPU or me PSU is unable to handle it i have asked others also to find the answer to this problem but to no avail........

if anyone could help me that'd be great, thanks

Psykotikz Out......
4 REPLIES 4

NemesisChild
Level 12
Welcome to the forum!

Is anything overclocked and have you checked your CPU & GPU temps?
However, it could be something else like memory since you had the problem with Win 8.

Have you cleared the CMOS? And I would suggest running memtest on each stick individually.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Sounds to be a Nvidia driver problem. Which driver version do you use? :confused:
Maybe you can provide some more information through Control Panel-->System and Security-->Administrative Tools-->Event Viewer-->Windows Logs-->System 😄
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

Psykotikz
Level 7
Hi i have run mem test on my sticks to no avail, there are no errors with either stick,

However i have checked the event manager and there seems to be many warnings from Kernel PnP, e1depxress and DNS Client Events

The warnings are as follows;

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2. - Kernel Event (219) task (212) listed 21 times ><
The driver \Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device ROOT\*ISATAP\0000. Kernel Event (219) task (212) listed once

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V Network link is disconnected.

this i do not understand as i am using the internet on the machine as im writing this.........

Name resolution for the name askperf.members.winisp.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. i understand that this may to be with my router? although im not certain........

again thanks for the help towards this issue, i appreciate all the help 🙂

255killer
Level 7
Sounds to me it's a cpu lock not gpu... Look your bios settings and also check for bios updates.