cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extras - Useful or useless

JAYuill
Level 7
Hey, I've decided for the most part what I want as a core of my PC I just wanted to know how useful or useless these extras are 😮

Extras:

Icy Dock MB882HX-1SB 2.5” SATA SSD Xpander Hybrid Adapter

5.25" System Displays/Front Bay Devices

Bluetooth Adaptor

Media Controller (IR Transmitter + Remote)

TV tuners

Noise Reduction (HDD shock absorbers or padding)

2GB Transcend Vertical USB (8 Pin USB Internal Header Connection) Industrial Flash Module

Sound card

Network Card / Wireless card
4 REPLIES 4

InnervateD
Level 10
It's only as useful to you if you're actually going to use it. I only recommend getting/buying what you need. If you're not going to use it, there's no need to buy it.

Syber
Level 8
Well, we use the Icydocks at college which is usefull if the pc has the bracket so if you are on the move alot you can just plug in your SSD/HDD and get on the go straight away without playing with opening the case plugging everything in etc.
Current Specs:
Asus Crosshair II Formula ( running old school )
AMD Athlon64 le-1600 @ 2.8Ghz
2GB DDR2 800MHz
Sapphire Radeon HD3870 512MB @806Mhz

Live to WIN! - Paul Stanley
The Choice Of Champions - Asus ROG.

Hey,

I should have been a bit clear. I want to know if some of these extras makes a noticable difference.

I have 2 PCIe slots at the bottom of my Crosshair V formula, I did not get thunderbolt attachment version.

Is there any point in therefore buying say BigFoot Networks Killer 2100 Pro Gaming Network Card and Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion Sound Card.

The reason I ask about the Icy Dock adaptor is that, does it do a similar job as Corsair Accelorator SSD Cashe Drive.
I am very dense when it come to buying things. I get obsessive about numbers.

The other mentionable stuff in post, i agree are unless you need for your system (TV Media Centre)

chrsplmr
Level 18
Jay ... Welcome ... unless the minute background sounds ... and voice is important in your
game play ... or you are also obsesive about music ... the CrossHair V has great sound as is.

the rest ... optional to taste as mentioned above ... TV ? ..... um .... no. unless its the only one.
for that there are tv/monitors .... plug your 'puter into your 60" .... it has a tuner ... (said light heartedly)

the icy thing ... a cooler drive ... cant hurt none.

best quote of the thread .... " if you're actually going to use it."
like a car friend ... dont buy a blue one .. if you wanted a red one .. make YOU happy.
Best of Luck and enjoy.c.