cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EK Crosshair V Formula-Z waterblock

Thefightin
Level 7
Hey guys, wondering if the EK waterblock for the Formula Z will fit the original V-Formula.

And if not, is there any universal waterblocks for motherboards in general? I'm looking to expand my custom loop to include by GPU, and figured I might as well have fun and do the motherboard as well.
2 REPLIES 2

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Thefightin wrote:
Hey guys, wondering if the EK waterblock for the Formula Z will fit the original V-Formula.

Prior to including my C5F-Z in my water loop, I looked up A LOT of articles about water-cooling the C5F-Z and the C5F. I frequently read that the C5F-Z water-block fits both motherboards

Additionally, I should point out that I've also read that it's not necessary to WC the motherboard. There's another thread here on that point: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26134-Crosshair-V-Formula-NB-Temps&country=&status=

However, since I do have my board included in the CPU loop, I'll also tell you that the mainboard water-block from EK is very non-restrictive, so if you decide to use one anyway know that it won't hurt flow rate any more than your CPU block.

Dr. Z

Edit: On another note, I really do like seeing my NB temps sit between 25 and 35 degrees instead of cooking. Plus the EK mainboard waterblock looks super-fly.

PowerOver9K
Level 9
Thefightin wrote:

And if not, is there any universal waterblocks for motherboards in general? I'm looking to expand my custom loop to include by GPU, and figured I might as well have fun and do the motherboard as well.

Why do you need to put the mobo on water?
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity