cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Ryujin II 360 Pump micro-usb have to be plugged into the provided fan controller?

debrent64
Level 8

I was planning on using 2 Corsair Commander Core XTs for my fans (I have 10 - all Corsair QL 120s...not that it matters).  Anyway, I wasn't planning on using the ASUS fan controller but then I don't see where else I could connect the micro-usb from the pump head.  Seems like maybe that controller is required at least for that (with or without any fans plugged into it).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

the micro usb need to be plug even that fans will not be use on the hub. since also control front screen panel. pump

you can use any box splitter to the board on cpu fan on teh bord if wish so

Learn, Play Enjoy!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

debrent64
Level 8

So I decided  to just go ahead and use the ASUS controller and return one of the Commander Core XTs.  I will plug the 3 radiator fans and the rear exhaust fan to the ASUS hub and the 3 side intake fans and 3 bottom intake fans into the Core XT.  That makes for a nice division of having my intake fans on one controller and my exhaust fans on the other.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

the micro usb need to be plug even that fans will not be use on the hub. since also control front screen panel. pump

you can use any box splitter to the board on cpu fan on teh bord if wish so

Learn, Play Enjoy!

debrent64
Level 8

Ugh! So now I've discovered that the Ryujin II AIO controller is 3 pin RGB and my QL120 fans are 4 pin.

So now I DO need both Core XTs for the fans and the ASUS controller will only control the pump.  head.