cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a graphics card holder for an Asus TUF 3080?

K1llrzzZ
Level 7
Hi!

I replaced my Asus RTX 2080 Ti DUAL OC gpu to a 3080 TUF one. My question is, since it's a pretty heavy card do I need to install something extra to support its weight is it unnecessarily? I tried to screw it in pretty tight with 2 screws but I'm not sure if that's enough.

Thanks for the help!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
If you lift the card while installing the screws that can help with some sag. You generally don't need a support unless you are moving the machine around a lot, but it can't hurt and it might look better if you care about that.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If you lift the card while installing the screws that can help with some sag. You generally don't need a support unless you are moving the machine around a lot, but it can't hurt and it might look better if you care about that.

I installed the card while my case was on the floor sideways, so it wasn't pulled down by its weight. I don't move it around that often maybe once or twice a year.