cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom water loop advice

six4bravo
Level 10
Hi everyone, I have been collecting parts for my build and have been throwing around ideas for how to setup the fans and could use some advice from you experts.

Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance
CPU: i7 6700k
Ram: 32GB Gskill ddr4 3200
MB: Asus maximus hero viii formula
PSU: EVGA supernova G2 1000W
Fan control: NZXT Sentry 3 touch screen
GPU: Zotac gtx 1080 arctic storm (not yet bought, still deciding on this or a FE card with an aftermarket waterblock)
Water loop: XSPC dual bayres with D5 pump, ex360 rad for the top, ex240 rad for the front, raystorm pro cpu block, MB VRM block, GPU block.

I want to include the MB VRM cooling into the loop as well since its there. But the fan setup..... I have 10 corsair High Perf SP120 fans, 3 thermaltake riing 12 fans. I'm not going to use all of them obviously, but I need opinions on whats the best way to set them up blowing in or out on the rads, etc.
I was planning on the rear 120mm fan being an intake, along with one 120mm on the bottom as an intake, top rad blowing out through the rad, and front rad also blowing out in a push/pull config. Or should i go with the front rad blowing into the case and rear fan blowing out?

I need some direction, Thanks everyone.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi six4bravo

For the best temps you'll want the rad fans drawing air into the case and have your case fans as exhaust.

kkn
Level 14
six4bravo wrote:
Hi everyone, I have been collecting parts for my build and have been throwing around ideas for how to setup the fans and could use some advice from you experts.

Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance
CPU: i7 6700k
Ram: 32GB Gskill ddr4 3200
MB: Asus maximus hero viii formula
PSU: EVGA supernova G2 1000W
Fan control: NZXT Sentry 3 touch screen
GPU: Zotac gtx 1080 arctic storm (not yet bought, still deciding on this or a FE card with an aftermarket waterblock)
Water loop: XSPC dual bayres with D5 pump, ex360 rad for the top, ex240 rad for the front, raystorm pro cpu block, MB VRM block, GPU block.

I want to include the MB VRM cooling into the loop as well since its there. But the fan setup..... I have 10 corsair High Perf SP120 fans, 3 thermaltake riing 12 fans. I'm not going to use all of them obviously, but I need opinions on whats the best way to set them up blowing in or out on the rads, etc.
I was planning on the rear 120mm fan being an intake, along with one 120mm on the bottom as an intake, top rad blowing out through the rad, and front rad also blowing out in a push/pull config. Or should i go with the front rad blowing into the case and rear fan blowing out?

I need some direction, Thanks everyone.

rad sides as intake, and case side as exhaust.
get a couple of inline temp probes and connect them to the loop to monitor the water temp, connect them to the fan controller, controll 1 rad whit 1 button and 1 temp probe.
this way you can change the speed on the fans manualy and controll it that way.

i did controll 1 rad set of fans per channel on my fan controller.

it looks like this -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_711...
it acts as a spacer between the rad and the fitting.