cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V formula and fx-8350

d34dm4n70
Level 7
Hi, have upgraded my system from a asrock 990fx extreme 3 to a crosshair V formula but i have some questions...
My configuration is :
corsair tx850m
crosshair V formula with latest bios
fx-8350 4.0 @ 4.8 with Thermaltake liquid cooling system
16gb corsair 1600mhz vengeance blue
xfx radeon hd 7870
wd 2tb red disk

When i power on the pc it starts and works fine but when i try to shutdown the system, the Windows shutdown but the system remain powered on. System fans stops but cpu fan and hard disk remains on. The only way to power off completely the system is by pressing the reset button from the backpanel.
Have any ideas?

ps.: with the older mb there is no problem when shutdown the system.Works fine.

Thanks for reply.
20 REPLIES 20

Poco_OM
Level 10
Fresh windows install?
I would check all cables connections, do a min hardware setup adding a component each successful boot + reboot. Failing to identify a faulty component, I would reflash the bios, reinstall windows.

Poco OM wrote:
Fresh windows install?
I would check all cables connections, do a min hardware setup adding a component each successful boot + reboot. Failing to identify a faulty component, I would reflash the bios, reinstall windows.

Hi, tnx for reply. Its a fresh installation and i have alredy checked cables and components. Its reboot fine but it s impossible to power off the machine. With With the older mainboard (asrock 990fx extreme 3) all goes ok.power on and off correctly. I think that i a bios problem. Have any ideas?
Regards

HiVizMan
Level 40
Are you using the same OS as that from the Ascrock board?

I wonder if that has something to do with it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
d34dm4n70 .. Welcome to ROG.

With the sys shut down. PSU off, when you turn the PSU on -- or turn on the power strip -- what happens ??

Have you double checked all your connection ? Especially the 'sys panel connector'?

d34dm4n70
Level 7
Hi, i have checked all...i have tested with a multi tester the case button and it works correctly. I think that the problem is the mainboard. The mainboard not power off also pressing the power button in the bios. Regards

Poco_OM
Level 10
Does this occur at stock setting or only when overclocked?
It could be an instability in the overclock.

If stripping to essentials, redoing bios and windows fails and the thing will not switch off, the I would RMA it.

In every way...i have send an email to the support..for now without a response...i'm waiting...

This board is the 0404 revision. I have seen that someone with this revision board had some power issues. Any know about?

chrsplmr
Level 18
I would suggest you send a PM to @cl-Albert and see if he can give you some direction on this.
I have never heard of a power issue with 'revision 0404' or any for that matter .. but ???

With all due respect, but since you have rechecked everything else, how about checking for
over tightening of heatsink to cpu .. weirdness happens.
Also, if this is factory bios, you may want to go ahead and reFlash.
Best of Luck. Please, Keep us 'posted'.c.